Steely Dan - backing track and solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steely Dan - backing track and solo

Peg! The solo that Carlton and about 1/2 dozen of the LA session guys at the time tried... Jay Graydon ended up nailing it. Here's my version first... I ripped the studio version off a bit, but haven't heard it in a few years, so what the heck, it's off a bit.

http://members.cox.net/twisteramps/pegsolo.mp3

ok, here's one for you to solo over:

http://members.cox.net/twisteramps/pegnosolo.mp3

backing track starts just before the solo. I just kept on going [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: Steely Dan - backing track and solo

Very nice Pete. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] There's nothing like throwing a Steely Dan disc on and crankin' it up a bit on a mellow afternoon. Very cool indeed.

Comment

...and what did you record it through. C'mon, Pete, do your TwisterAmps sales thing. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Nice playing.
      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I love steely...excellent choice..
        It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPhase:
          ...and what did you record it through. C'mon, Pete, do your TwisterAmps sales thing. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Nice playing.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the kudos.

Ampwise, I used a Pod XT. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I love tube amps, but for some stuff like late night recording, I really think a Pod or a J-station (pick your poison) is a hard to beat choice, unless you have a recording space like a soundproof basement. Even then, it took me less time to dial in a tone I liked and record it than it would have taken most people to place a microphone, dial in an amp and get levels.

Speaking of amps, I have parts coming in for a top secret (ok, not top secret now) amp head that is going to be completely different from anything on the market that I know of. Should be interesting. I'll either be a hero or a zero, and I should find out by the end of the month. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

I thought I could pick out the POD's sonic "signature", but the XT seems to be a bit harder to nail...I was really convinced that was an amp.
            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I am deeply impressed. The tone is very tastefully chosen, the technique is superb... fine piece of work!...

I love the artificial harmonics and the note slides... the fade out at the end with the solo sounds great and leaves room for craving more...

Comment

Steely Baby!

Now thats Playin!
                It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Working...
                X