RR EX pro Trem issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR EX pro Trem issues

So, I just got a '93 (I think) RR EX Pro. It's my first Jackson, and my first Floyd Rose bridge. I read on Audiozone that these come with the JT580 tremolos, which have threaded arms. Mine came with a threaded arm, but there's no thread on the little receptacle, so it just falls out when I move the guitar around. It just looks like you stick the arm in a hex nut that's hanging out on the baseplate. I'm thinking it's the Takeuchi model. Looking around here, I saw somebody with a similar problem, and people recommended the Ibanez pop in arms. So I went and bought one today, and it doesn't fit (damn). When I take the little plastic collars off it slides right in, but it doesn't "pop" so it just falls right back out again. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can buy a replacement arm and collar because, looking in the trem cavity, the arm goes INTO the block.

So is there some special arm I have no chance in hell of finding or something?

PS: WOO FIRST POST!

A Floyd Rose threaded trem arm will work.Any larger diameter threaded arm should work.
    Go hit up your local mom and pop music store to see their junk drawer I'll bet you'll find one cheap.
    I have a 93 fusion H-H Jackson with the same trem and thats what I use.
    This JT 580 trem is a very good unit I have abused mine and its still a rock solid trem.
    Last edited by straycat; 02-03-2008, 03:18 AM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I guess I should clarify. I already have a threaded arm, but the bridge itself has no thread. The bridge looks exactly like this one (http://www.audiozone.dk/tremolo/jt580-takeuchi01.jpg) with the hex nut looking thing where the arm goes instead of a little threaded dealy.

Comment

What I did was... I removed the block, cut off the part that holds the trem arm, put a floyd arm collar on there, and called it a day. The floyd collar is closer to the saddles by about 2mm, so it will be tight when putting the actual arm on only because of the screw on collar on the arm itself , but it will go on and will function perfectly.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
        X