Canadian scramble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian scramble

This is a little improvisation mp3 I made with a friend of mine. He is the one playing. I did the mixing and setup.

hmmm... I am nervous doing this, some of you guys produce really good stuff... ok, here it goes... (please don't click on the link, copy and paste on your browser or URL bar on media player):

Canadian scramble

This is the technical info:

Guitar: Jackson Soloist SL-2H (my baby snake)
    Effects: RP2000
    Audio Card: M-Audio AudioPhile 2496
    Software: Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro
    Number of takes: 1
    Drum Machine: Boss DR-5
    Mixer: Behringer EuroRack UB802
    Type of connection: direct to mixer

Digital post-processing conducted:

Compression was added to the drums and guitar. Parametric equalization to boost low end on guitar and kill a little of the excess treble on the drums. That's it because I don't know any better.. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Please let me know what you think... it is not something finished, just an experiment. I am especially interested in knowing what you think of the tone in the guitar.

[ April 26, 2003, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Re: Canadian scramble

Cool playing man,
    i have one thing to say tough, the trebly hi-hat is really annoying man, turn that one down a little bit. I think your tone is pretty cool [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

keep it up!

Comment

I can't get the page to work.

I'll try again later.

DRH

Comment

gotta copy the URL into your media player...

in case my ****ty host saturats, can somebody please host for me?

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPhase:
          Your tone is probably fine too, but it's hard to tell because the recording is so screwed up. Everything sounds like it's being played back through a ripped two inch speaker.
          Apologies for my directness.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks ElectricPhase, that's why we post here anyway...

Hmm... I do know that I blew up the quality of the recording when I did the digital post-processing. I am not sure the original tone was all that good... hey, it's just an RP2000!... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I will think about what you are saying. Maybe the best way is to get to a tone that you ilke and then record that with no post-processing. Or maybe I need to get a Mike and record that way... I don't know...

Comment

I like it.

good playing.

You mentioned you did most of the processing after recording. Do you still have a backup of the tracks prior to the processing? If so, you can reprocess the raw recording differently.

I usually try to get the sound I want up front and then record, but I use a cheap digital 4 track for my stuff, so I can't do much post-processing anyway.

DRH

Comment

Thanks DRH...

I was really silly and overwrote the original tracks. Wont make that mistake again in the future.

hmmmm... I thought of doing the digital 4 track thing but the guys at the store recommended I got the Berhringer with the Audiophile and then used Guitar tracks.

Comment

Well, dude, you did ask...

Your playing is fine. Your tone is probably fine too, but it's hard to tell because the recording is so screwed up. Everything sounds like it's being played back through a ripped two inch speaker.

I've messed around with the DR-5 a bit, and I know that one can get killer drum sounds out of it. I'm guessing, but you might have overloaded the audio card inputs when you recorded....?

Apologies for my directness.
                This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Working...
                X