Changing String Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing String Gauge

Should I have to adjust my floyd springs going from 10's to 9's? I can't seem to get the floyd to sit straight.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Yes, the strings will have a different tension that will affect a floating bridge.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Yes. You'll need to tighten the springs. You also may want to lower the Floyd slightly once you have the baseplate sitting parallel to the body for best results.

Comment

I took the backplate off and it has 4 springs. I've never had one with 4 springs before. Wouldn't I have to loosen the spring tension since the strings are a lighter gauge? I also did lower the bridge slightly.
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I got it. I just had to loosen the springs a lot more than I thought I would. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X