No New Models.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No New Models.

I read the no new models thread. I know nobody important reads these, but I think jackson should actually start moving the direction ESP has, which isnt really to introduce new models, but clean up the line. Only have one line of bolt on guitars, everything else neckthru, ESP did that. Also neckthru's with licensed floyds and 24 frets should be the standard on the models after bolt ons. I have an RR24, That should be a standard 600 dollar guitar, There should be a two humbucker version for that money, and exact same setup models of all the other shapes.

Finally, The neck area where the nut is should be thicker so that they dont break off like so many other pointy shaped headstocks suffered from back in the day, Look at most Gibson Explorer headstocks, break right at the nut, look at the ESP's nut, its thick as fuck.

So yeah, you can all tell me to just stick with ESP, but seriously, Jackson has the name power that if they cleaned up their line they could rival ESP. They need to sway Laiho back, that would even it all out, and get Mustaine back.
    Last edited by blackendvampire; 01-31-2008, 03:45 PM.
    www.myspace.com/memnochband
    www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

I see where you are coming from, but I think there are some things you are missing

the RR24 is a 1200 dollar guitar because it is made by hand in the Japanese factory. Not in a Korean shop like the 600 dollar LTDs and Schecters

Japanese guitars just cost more.
    The ESP Alexi is a very nice guitar, but the LTD one is just ok, and its like 1000 bux, and its Korean made. The RR24 (imo) is a MUCH nicer guitar for just 200 more.
    I am an ESP dealer, and a Jackson Dealer. and they both have thier merrits and problems. I dont think you can say "Jackson could rival ESP" cuz even now, Jackson is as big of a player in the guitar world as ESP. They just dont have the number of high profile artists on thier roster as they just never have paid big bux to have someone play thier instruments. ESP shells out a LOT of cash to a LOT of players

Jackson does what it does, and is what it is. prolly not going to change. Thier USA models have more color options than the ESP stuff, and as many configurations. ESP has the standard line that (in my opinion) is the same quality as the pro series Japanese Jackson line. The Custom ESP stuff is awesome, little nicer than the USA standard jacksons, and the price is a lot more than that of a standard USA jackson...

Im not arguing with you, I think Jackson could change a lot of stuff, but I dont think what you are saying will happen.
    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Originally posted by blackendvampire View Post
      I read the no new models thread. I know nobody important reads these, but I think jackson should actually start moving the direction ESP has, which isnt really to introduce new models, but clean up the line. Only have one line of bolt on guitars, everything else neckthru, ESP did that. Also neckthru's with licensed floyds and 24 frets should be the standard on the models after bolt ons. I have an RR24, That should be a standard 600 dollar guitar, There should be a two humbucker version for that money, and exact same setup models of all the other shapes.

Finally, The neck area where the nut is should be thicker so that they dont break off like so many other pointy shaped headstocks suffered from back in the day, Look at most Gibson Explorer headstocks, break right at the nut, look at the ESP's nut, its thick as fuck.

So yeah, you can all tell me to just stick with ESP, but seriously, Jackson has the name power that if they cleaned up their line they could rival ESP. They need to sway Laiho back, that would even it all out, and get Mustaine back.
      Disagree with the `only one line of boltons` alot of peeps go fo boltons for their modability. Theres also a thread in the artists section (i think) about bolt on sig models, where alot of peeps express a preference for boltons over neck thrus. Why limit what they can buy in favour of neck thru which they don`t prefer. Surely that`d alienate a significant section of their current market.

Same for the LFR, again alot of folks don`t want or like trems, or at least want the option to choose.

Agree with more names on the roster, but at the end of the day, the guitars sell because of the quality, not because some band member played them once before being wooed to another company for get rich quick money.

Comment

+1 I agree with wibble

Comment

We should talk later in the year...I'm gassing for a custom horizon.

Comment

This thread is assinine. You read that other thread where the subject was discussed ad nauseum, and decided that you should start a completely new thread somewhere else, just to state your opinions on the same exact subject?

Thread resurrection is a bad enough practice - thread cloning is even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by blackendvampire View Post
              I think jackson should actually start moving the direction ESP has.
              I'm with you. ESP and BC Rich have done a great job making nice guitars at low prices. I understand that Jacksons are made in Japan, and thus cost more...however, I can't really say that Jacksons are any better due to being japanese. I have played Korean and Chinese guitars that are just as nice. In fact, even the Ibanez Xiphos (indonesia) kicks plenty of ass. I'd much rather see Jacksons made in Korea and get a better value.

I also don't get the whole issue with Jackson sticking to the Dinky shape and not using the cool 80's shapes enough. I know a lot of us are waiting for the KE3T and a KVMG etc... BC Rich and ESP seem to be selling plenty of crazy shaped guitars...so it's not like pointy guitars aren't selling these days.

Comment

The xiphos I've played were absolute dogshit. Great finish, woeful actual guitar. If you cant tell the jap fretwork from korean look closer or get more experience. I've seen some so-so jacksons in the lower series' but none I'd call bad.

Comment

The fretwork on my Korean S520 was great. Yeah maybe the guitar isn't a JEM but it's not dogshit.
                  I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                    The xiphos I've played were absolute dogshit. Great finish, woeful actual guitar. If you cant tell the jap fretwork from korean look closer or get more experience. I've seen some so-so jacksons in the lower series' but none I'd call bad.
                    Xiphos is Indonesian.

I would disagree that the ESP Std Series is the same quality as the Jackson Pro Series... The Pro series is basically mostly Jackson's midrange line, whereas the Std stuff is more towards the upper end of things for ESP, barring Custom Shop stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                      I have a Xiphos and although the action was horrid when I first got it (Easy fix) the playability is incredible...It hangs with my XTRR no problem...No frt buzz...ability to set the action very low...Oh yeah...the strap pins were poorly positioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lkqf1zvJJU
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
                        I have a Xiphos and although the action was horrid when I first got it (Easy fix) the playability is incredible...It hangs with my XTRR no problem...No frt buzz...ability to set the action very low...Oh yeah...the strap pins were poorly positioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lkqf1zvJJU
                        I played a Xiphos and for an inexpensive guitar I though it was great. By the way, love the "Symbolic" bit at the end of your clip!

Comment

Playability doesn't make a guitar. Playability is for the most adjustable. Accoustic sound isn't. For me THAT's the difference. Same for build quality. The Xiphos may be a good guitar if it's well setup, but every guitar SHOULD be well setup. Not just US ones. What extra you SHOULD get with more expensive (regardless of country of origin) guitars should be overall timber quality and build quality, as well as more pushed R&D. Setup can always be altered later.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonite View Post
                            I see where you are coming from, but I think there are some things you are missing

the RR24 is a 1200 dollar guitar because it is made by hand in the Japanese factory. Not in a Korean shop like the 600 dollar LTDs and Schecters

or $1300 Dean's made in the same shop...

Comment

Actually, the expensive import Deans are Chinese made.

Comment

Working...
                              X