New Demo [Severed Serenity]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Demo [Severed Serenity]

mins a few tunes due to web space , but we got 3 new ones up . even put some accostix guitar in The Damned and best Vocal production I ever had . http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/349/..._serenity.html //Steve

Re: New Demo [Severed Serenity]

I'll post my reply again since the other thread was deleted on accident last night..

IT FREAKIN' RULES! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The guitar work is amazing, and the vocals were awesome! I would like it more though if you did those kind of vocals PLUS a more melodic style of vocals similar to Symphony X or Dream Theater. JMO though. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Awesome! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool! I like it alot! Great guitar work! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Good luck with the band!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Anders
      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

That rips, awesome guitar work, and yes those are some aweosme vocals, and that rythm tone [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] . Why ain't you guys signed yet?!?

Comment

a pretty broad step forward...definitely worth everyone checking out...hey steve send me a jpeg of your new logo so i can update the links section of my site to yours...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

WOW, that's really great stuff man!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
            As everyone's already said, really sweet guitar work

Keep it up guys [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Alright... you guys are pretty serious pros. The recording quality is great.... good studio work in general. The stucture of the songs is pretty consistent, they seem to be telling a whole story from begging to end. Sweet guitars.

However, I am going to have to agree with word that the type of vocals you guys chose is not my favorite. I think melodic singing adds opportunities for writing nice, long, rich lyrics (oh, sweet Helloween, we love you and and thank your existence!). I also have to say that that style definitely doesn't sale all that well and your choice of vocals will most likely yield more commercial success.

Keep up and dont worry about my comments, I am asshole I know.

Comment

: Cool: Thanx guys! I agree with the melodic vocal Idea and Steve has wanted to do something like that too, it's just hard finding people who are dedicated (As most of you already know). I would really like to get some more time in that studio with the owner Lyle. He is a good friend of Jeff Watters (Annihilator) who has always had great studio production and he shares allot of the same ideas. He said he wanted to work with us but these 3 songs were a project for a couple of sound engineer students. (I will pass on the comments)! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] So I'm very curious about what we could do with a lot more time and someone with Lyles experience at the helm. Oh yeah, we plan on using some keyboards for atmosphere but we didn't have enough time. Thanx again!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Don't listen to this Dream Theater worshippers!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  Death ****in rules!The song' I've downloaded is great! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Our new demo will be ready in a week I think,and it is very different from our first,less black and much more sperimental death/thrash.I'l post it here when all is ready!

Comment

thanks guys !!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] yeah I think for a demo she turned out great and it was free as well , just drums 2 guitar tracks 1 bass track plus guitar solo's and 1 sometimes 2 vocal tracks , this is the 1st time we have recorded just plain with out 5 or 6 bloody guitar tracks ! lol !!! thanks very much everyone for the comments ! //Steve

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] !!! Those songs are awesome,you guy's sound allot like killswitch engage(which is one of my new faves!!). [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

DAN (RHOADSFAN_74)

Comment

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

thanks cleve ! and everyone else ! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

This band kicks ass!!
                            I made a rock n roll sin when I tried giving in to make money, had to turn down low.

Comment

I think you guys write some excellent material and
                              quite polished also. I agree that more melodic vocals would fit the songs texture better. But the
                              singing was still quite listenable. I beleive you
                              guys will be in my home Mp3 rotation. Great stuff.

Ric

Comment

Working...
                              X