Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller vs DiMarzio

Looking for opinions.

I've got a 83 Kramer Focus 2000 which is all original and still sports its Schaller pups. I also have a pair of vintage DiMarzios: Super Distortion and PAF (both w/ steel braided lead wires). I'm thinking of swapping the Dimarzios in but was wondering what the sound/tone difference would be between the two pup set-ups? Thanks
    Turn that Sh......... down!

I would keep the schallers. I have two guitars with them and like them better then some of the dimarzios and seymour duncans I have in other guitars.

Comment

+1 on the Schallers sounding great thing... cutting, biting, balanced, sweeeeeeeeeet
      Tough to top... but I'm always up for experimentation.

Why not give the new ones a try, and let us know what you think?

You're experience is likely to be very different than mine, or someone else's, since you have your own style/pick attack, and your guitar is a unique animal as well.

10 minutes with a hot thing and a screw driver should be all that's required... and perhaps some strings (if you can't just remove trem springs and get the bridge out of the way that is).

Whatever you decide to do... keep us posted plz!
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
      X