Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• licensed floyd trem arm

Hi!

So I picked up a Robin Medley Special off ebay and it just arrived today. it came without the trem arm and I'd like to figure out what kind I need to get to use with it.

it's a takeuchi 'TRS-101', which I've heard aren't great (so as far as that goes, what are the drop-in replacement options? I'm still getting the guitar setup, will probably be replacing the pickups, etc so I'm not in a rush to replace it and I'll give the current trem a full workout before I get to that step, but just for future reference..)

the trem does have the little threaded rim to the hole where the arm attaches (like an OFR, for example), the 'rim' is just like a big hex bolt looking thing. Does this mean it's one of those snap-in sorts of arms?

any knowledge from those experienced with this trem would be appreciated! I'll try to get some pictures up over the next couple days when I can track down the cable for getting them off the camera...

I have one from an Ibanez. Should be the same. If yours has a slotted brass headless screw at the base of the trem bar hole, it's a press in. You remove that plug to replace the thingy that holds the arm. Hope this helps. The one I have seems to be built real well. Why not use it awhile before you make the change?
    Last edited by fett; 01-29-2008, 10:45 AM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

ahh, yep; it's got the slotted brass screw at the base of the hole. any ideas on where I should look for an arm/bar?

I'll definitely keep it for a good long while before I decide to replace it

Comment

They are all over ebay.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

A lot of music stores carry the pop-in replacement bars for Ibanez trems. Most dealers in town here that carry Ibanez guitars have 'em. You're in L.A., so I guarantee you can find one. A big advantage over eBay is it will be easy to return it if it doesn't fit, plus no waiting or shipping charges.

Budman carries higher-quality replacement bars for Ibanez trems here:

http://www.fretsonthenet.com/ibanez1.htm

He can probably also help figure out if the bar is the right one for your trem.

Comment

Working...
          X