Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to have a bolt on neck binded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to have a bolt on neck binded?

Hi

Is it possible to add white binding to a bolt on neck of a RR3 or simply a RR5?

just curious how that works

Thanks

RR5 doesn't have a bolt on neck.

Comment

Binding can be on bolt-on necks, the same as neck-thrus or set necks. It'd be rather difficult to do it as an aftermarket mod though, the fret ends would get chewed up when removing the needed wood for the binding.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Bolty's can definitely have bindings:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...tno=2803010859

But, as far as adding one: that's beyond my pay scale.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
          Binding can be on bolt-on necks, the same as neck-thrus or set necks. It'd be rather difficult to do it as an aftermarket mod though, the fret ends would get chewed up when removing the needed wood for the binding.
          To do it right the frets would have to be removed. The binding channels could then be routed and then the neck would have to be re-fretted after the binding was installed.

Comment

JCFer Number of The Priest had some success using automotive striping tape - of all things - on a couple of his bolt-on necked Jacksons. Maybe someone will find that thread using the search.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

maybe finding a Jackson neck already with white binding for the RR3 would work, ill have to look around.

Comment

good luck finding a bound 22 fret jackson neck; pretty tough to find.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

i found one but its a lefty, not to mention probably the wrong neck type., but there are some out there. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

Comment

that's not a lefty. Look at the logo. It's a reverse headstock
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                      that's not a lefty. Look at the logo. It's a reverse headstock
                      It's also got 24 frets and not 22.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeah sorry i meant reverse, i got people over here at the studio distracting me

the other day on ebay i found one for sure, but its gone now already.

I guess ill keep searching with luck.

Comment

GMW Empire is bound...and its like glass.. bolt on. My favorite neck

Comment

Working...
                          X