JT580 to floyd quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT580 to floyd quick question

My JT580 is shot on my DR2, I would like to swap with an OFR. My question is will a 37mm block work? All of the OFR I have found have the same block. The 580 has 34mm block, and I would love to use the rear cover.

The block will work, it will just stick out slightly (the JT6 I put on my Squier is the same way) but you will not be able to use it with the back cover, plus you run the risk of catching a belt or something on it and yanking one of the springs out and right into your crotch. I would imagine though you could swap the base plates, but I've never tried so don't quote me on that.

Comment

Get a Floyd with a 32mm block.
      It will fit just fine and you will be able to use the rear cover.
      If all you can find are Floyd's with 37mm blocks, look on eBay for a 32mm block.
      I see them there all the time.
      -Rick

Comment

I would love to buy a Floyd with a 32mm block, but can seem to locate one. All the venders I have spoke want me buy a $200 floyd and then spend $40 for a new block.
        Thanks for help.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave67 View Post
          I would love to buy a Floyd with a 32mm block, but can seem to locate one. All the venders I have spoke want me buy a $200 floyd and then spend $40 for a new block.
          Thanks for help.
          The block on your JT580LP trem should be 32. I've never heard of a 34. There's 32, 37 and 42.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toey is right. You can just bolt the block right off of the 580 and put it on the OFR. I did that swap to a Schaller Floyd I had. It may not feel very cool to put that pot metal block on there instead of the brass block of the OFR - but it works, and sounds good enough.

Comment

http://guitarpartsdepot.com/Merchant...oyd-Rose-Parts

Just order a 32mm and be done with it.
              Good deals with:
              Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Mine has a JT-580 Takeuchi, the block is 34mm.
                srommes thanks for the link. I will get the block from them, the other site want 39.95 for the same block.

Comment

The Takeuchi should still be 32mm. How it's 34 is beyond me.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X