Anybody Visit Rico Jr this Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Visit Rico Jr this Year?

I am seriously contemplating a Jeckyll and wondering how the bolt-ons play.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Rico Jr did not have a booth at the show...
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

AFAIK they are made in the same place as BCRich's. ive heard they play & feel very much like the newer BCRs. dont know if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
        AFAIK they are made in the same place as BCRich's. ive heard they play & feel very much like the newer BCRs. dont know if that helps.
        This information is false... I have been to the shop and only Rico Jr.s are made there... Please have a clue before posting information..

Comment

Originally posted by Loudone View Post
          This information is false... I have been to the shop and only Rico Jr.s are made there... Please have a clue before posting information..
          Yeah, the dude building my custom is good friends with Bernie Jr. (he started out at BC Rich in the 80's). Only Bernie Rico Jr's coming out of that shop.

Comment

thats good to know. who is making them? i was told by a fairly reliable source in the beginning of Rico jr guitars all of the wood work was out sourced. thats also very believable given the history of his prior company.

Comment

The Rico's are made in Hesperia California at the old BC Rich facility. I am about 95% sure.

Comment

Please have a clue before posting information..
                He qualified his statement. Chill, dude.

Does anyone know if the Pasaye brothers are involved?

Does anyone know who paints the guitars? Is it Shawn Ortiz?

Comment

Does anyone know who paints the guitars? Is it Shawn Ortiz?

His name is Ed.. He paints them perfect.. Nice guy..

Comment

but who makes them it aint jr.

Comment

Well I ordered a custom. If it turns out like I ordered it you guys are going to shit your pants!
                      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Info to come...
                        Last edited by Loudone; 02-01-2008, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Info to come...
                          I thought you were there? where is it? & hesperia is NOT the old BCR plant, hesperia was a paint / assemble plant only all of the woodwork was done at the "other" BCR plant outside the US.
                          Last edited by j2379; 02-01-2008, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                            I thought you were there? where is it? & hesperia is NOT the old BCR plant, hesperia was a paint / assemble plant only all of the woodwork was done at the "other" BCR plant outside the US.
                            As Bernie Jr. learned under his father as a luthier, the current luthiers that work for Bernie Jr. are also luthiers who learned the trade under Bernie Rico Sr... I went to visit Bernie's operation myself 3 weeks ago. Yes the guitars are painted and assembled in Hesperia. The woodshop is in San Diego and they are totally handmade... There are real guitar luthiers there, not someone operating a CNC machine... If you have any doubts, give Eric McKenna a call at Boogie Street guitars who has also seen this operation first hand. Eric wanted to see the operation first hand before making a commitment in becoming a dealer for Rico Jr. guitars.

So J2379, I do not know where you are getting your information but it is false... I hope I have claified things for you and other people who have wondered the same.

Comment

Bernie Sr was a luthier? More like a salesman.

When did Bernie Jr build at BCR?

Comment

Working...
                              X