The ultimate pickup?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ultimate pickup?!?

A Duncan with humbucker, P-90 and Strat tones all in one!
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v367/tattooedcarrot/NAMM08/?action=view&current=IMG_6936.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZhJXcSVnfs&feature=user
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

cool
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Whoa! can't wait to hear one!

Comment

Time for new pickups in my strat already

Comment

I like the idea, but it looks like shit to me. However, it's nice to see someone step outside the box design wise.

Comment

I heard about that on Duncan forum. It does look odd, but it should sound cool and it does indeed step outside the box. I think it would be cool to see normal humbuckers in P90 form myself, or more unique pickups like this one.

Comment

it does look kinda bad but I love the idea, I hope they make many different models of it with different sounds (like PAF, JB, Custom etc. type)

now I can live without superstrat guitars, I can only use the best sounding guitars - Les Pauls, floyded LP's was a possibility and now they are starting to mass produce them but there really was no single coil option for LP, just mounting SC to a LP body would look hideous, now all the versatility (trem and pickup combinations) options are possible
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

fuck, I'm so thrilled, it's the best invention in years

Comment

Holy Crap! I need 2 now I wonder if the production ones come in pearloid too! I can get rid of some guitars now:ROTF:
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Great idea, but it looks like crap! I suppose the looks might grow on you if it sounds as good as they say it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                      Holy Crap! I need 2 now
                      I think I do, too! My Mark Morton model is awesome with its '59s and coil tap switches, but I think I need these and a couple on/off/on switches for the single/P90/series they can do.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Solid P 90 sound and Humbucker as well, though the Strat® (lol) setting was not my cup o tea. Still cool, of course!

GAS

Comment

Sounds pretty cool and it's definately a cool idea. Sounds like a great variety of classic rock and blues tones.
                          The pickup itself does look a bit odd but if you put two of them in a guitar they'd look alright, you wouldn't have a humbucker or single coil contrasting the look of them.
                          I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wow, that's retarded. You can already load a standard SC next to a P90 voiced SC, without having to do something that looks that stupid.

Stan Hinesley's been making an Alnico-8 humbucker for quite some time now, called the Rogue. Seymour must've got ahold of one and copied it, like he does everything else.
                            please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                              Wow, that's retarded. You can already load a standard SC next to a P90 voiced SC, without having to do something that looks that stupid.

Stan Hinesley's been making an Alnico-8 humbucker for quite some time now, called the Rogue. Seymour must've got ahold of one and copied it, like he does everything else.
                              okay... your first idea there will not work, plain and simple. The humbucker voicing you would get out of that would sound like complete shit. And SD becomes a ripoff just because they use the same kind of magnet as someone else? Yikes

Comment

Working...
                              X