Rhoads Signature Marshall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads Signature Marshall?

Rumor is Doug Aldrich is to demo this amp?
    Anyone see/hear anything?

Go see www.marshallamps.com

it's online!
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

what does doug aldrich have to do with randy rhoads? i thought some one like zakk might be more appropriate as the guy who plays randys stuff all the time with ozzy and having been a big rhoads fan anyway

Comment

I love Randy and all, but I don't know many people looking for the "Randyesque" tone.
        EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

ain't that the truth!!! mosquito in a box? i will admit, it looks cool!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Good point. Randy's playing was fabulous, but his tone was lame.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
              +1
              -Rick

Comment

+2. Also, didn't most of hsi tone come from running a D+ right into a mixing board for recording?

Comment

http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

I Dolores is getting some bucks out of this.
                    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Exactly. Maybe we can all get crap tone with this amp now? :ROTF:
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i agree randys tone was pretty bad... im sure they must have "beefed" up this amp.

Comment

Not sure what you guys are talking about, but Randy's tone was very distinctive. You have to remember it was 1980. There were no high gain amps in that era; anything that sounded badass was obviously a mod, and even then, it varied widely. To say that his tone was lame is way off base as far as I am concerned. Listen to DOAM and tell me that the tone doesn't make some of those riffs just sound killer and mean. I am probably gonna buy one of these heads, not only because I am one of the biggest RR fans on the planet for the last 25 years, but because I really think his tone was effective and cut through the mix 100 times more than any of these high gain freaks today.

Comment

Wasn't he using Laneys just before his Death..? I thougth the AORs were designed to cater for his needs, or he was using them. Something like that...
                            Don't like his tone, his playing was good but he's not doing much for me and I'll walk past this Marshall without noticing it.

Comment

Depends what tone we're talking about- If we're talking about the studio album tones I am in complete agreement---Mosquito in a box is a perfect descriptor. Listen to the start of "I Don't Know" and there you have it.

However, his live tone, as evidenced on Tribute, is gigantic. His lows are like thunder & the highs absolutely scream. His rhythm on that album is just gargantuan & just fills the room.

Or maybe I'm just a fanboy. Tribute changed my life. I am not unbiased here.

Compare/Contrast/Discuss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTsvwBkVdKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hwq3nNHyPI

Vass
                              Last edited by Vass; 01-18-2008, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X