X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fade To Black

Here's my version of fade to black:

fade to black

its something i threw together to try out these backing tracks i found. The solos are pretty horrible i find since i couldnt hear myself while recording and had trouble hearing the beat so they're off timing in a few places and sloppy.

still it was fun recording the whole song...now i just need to find someone who can sing to lay down some vocals [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Fade To Black

Not bad at all.

Distortion sounds REAL buzzy, though.. is it a Kustom amp? That's what it sounds like...

Comment

eet_fuk_81: Very nice indeed. Great chops. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

good work man [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks everyone.

no i know the distortion sounds so buzzy cause thats the best recording quality i can get. i plug my mini stack head strait into the comp and it does soud REALLY buzzy and annoying. it sucks cause i can get great tone but itll still sound like **** when recording.

i got the tracks from some random site my friend told me about:

backing tracks

the only thing is that its not really tuned to anything, its somewhere just flat of half step down so you gotta tune to the track's bass

another good way i found of getting backing tracks without the effort of making them yourself is to get a song on guitar pro, turn down the guitars and get a wire to go from your speaker's headphones jack to your comps mic input and just record like that (since i dunno any other way to convert into a wav)

Comment

instead of using your amp's line out, why not try placing a mic (even a computer mic) in front of the amp and record? That way you can hear yourself playing and you might transfer some of that good tone to tape [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BTW, I really enjoyed your track. Even with the buzz, it rocked [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

yea man, i tried that but somehow it was even worse. Plus i play pretty hard so you also heard the guitar's picking sounds, even when i placed everything as far as it could wit the wires.

i could alwais bring in a speaker to hear myself but im just so ****ing lazy!!!

Comment

not bad man! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

That sounds pretty decent! Where did you get the backing tracks?
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Also wanted to ask what distortion type your using?
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

You plugged into your Micrphone Jack in the back of your computer, right? To eliminate the buzziness, go to your Speaker Settings at the bottom right of your taskbar next to your computer's clock. See where it says Microphone? Click on Advanced. Uncheck the little "Mic Boost" thing. Then adjust the mic volume as needed.

In Guitar Pro, you can export your Guitar Pro file as a MIDI, then convert the MIDI to a WAV file using a program called "WAVmaker III". It shouldn't be too hard to find. Then, record everything, mix, and convert to mp3 as usual.

Comment

nah, i didnt remove em, just recorded over them, and as you just said, you cant hear em. If you have a song that has one guitar playing by itself for a while and you can hear the backing tracks guitar, just play with the volume envelope and have it down at that part. You'd still need it for the recording though to get the timing just right.

Comment

How did you get those backing tracks to work correctly? I went to that site but all of the tracks have the guitars on them, but your recordings don't. Is there a way to remove them? Thanks.

Comment

Get something like CoolEdit and you can just have Guitar Pro play the MIDI file and have CoolEdit recording while it's playing - instant midi-to-wav conversion [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                            That's how I did that Deliverance at the Crossroads track [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                            X