floyd big block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyd big block

any one using one or tried one. im curious to know how much of a difference it makes.

Not enough of a difference to justfiy the rediculous price!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I'm curious too.

Comment

I have one for one of my 3 Green Meanie Projects. I'll post my review when it goes together. I bolted it to a new OFR Floyd. On Fender trems, I do recommend the Callaham steel billet enhanced blocks, plus the cool stainless arms. I have 2 of them and they are awesome in everyway on a Fender Strat. I have 1 on the vintage bridge and one on the 2 point American std. bridge
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
          Not enough of a difference to justfiy the rediculous price!
          you can get them for like $40-50 now on ebay which is whyim even considering it. at the $200 not a chance.

Bengal please post when u get that completed im very curious tho i may just buy one anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
            you can get them for like $40-50 now on ebay which is whyim even considering it. at the $200 not a chance.

Bengal please post when u get that completed im very curious tho i may just buy one anyway.
            I can tell you this. They are heavy. Very good machining work. I'm waiting for the guy to do a run of 32mm blocks for my recessed Floyds with the countersunk backplates, ala Soloists.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I had one in an old Kramer 1984 and loved it
              it sounded awesome and did everything they say they do- more harmonics, more sustain.
              its great
              My Guitars
              Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
              Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
              Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
              Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
              Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
              Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
              Kramer Vanguard S-440S
              Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
              Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
              Kramer F-1000 (Black)
              Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

i was busting Budman's balls to make some of these for us a while back. he's got the skills and i think the access to a milling machine. but last time i asked him he said there are too many different specs for the screw holes and shit.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I'm going to make one myself out of depleted uranium. Now THAT will have some frickin sustain.

Comment

Axe,
                    Just stay away from the Plutonium, or I'll have to call my patent atty.

Caution: Coffee Is Hot!!!
                    LOL
                    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

I'm trying to locate some platinum as we speak. I don't know how well it will do with the machining tooling however. At least if I can do it, I can maintain my reputation!

Comment

I'm slapping a couple in my guitars over the weekend, will post a review then. I can say that I've already installed one on an OFR, just haven't re-assembled the guitar yet, and yes, they are heavy as shit....

Comment

OK, believe the hype. Dramatic increase in sustain and projection, even acoustically. I love them. Completely made a believer out of me here...

Comment

No shit? Alright, maybe Ill give one a shot.
                            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I've made one or two out of stainless steel, but ended up not using them and sold them off, so I'm not really sure how stainless affects tone and sustain. I'd be willing to guess that sustain is pretty good with them, though.
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                              X