Stuck Trem Cavity Plate Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck Trem Cavity Plate Help Needed

Anybody got any tricks for removing a stuck trem cavity plate? That sucker's seated in there tight, and I can't get it out. I don't want to really go at it for fear of damaging the surrounding wood. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

offhand, if you have a little slothead screwdriver that can fit into one of the screwholes, you might want to try gently prying it out through the screwhole, if that makes any sense. that way, you won't have to worry about chipping paint....

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

put a piece of tape on it & yank.

Comment

Yeah, some duck (duct) tape sounds like a good idea.
        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

I've used both idea's including double sided tape. It will come out.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The tape is my usual trick. Didn't do it this time. Tried a suction cup too, but that didn't get it either. I was able to pop it out by fully depressing the whammy bar, and fitting a small screwdriver behind the Floyd, then pushing down from the top side of the guitar. Still took some oomph to pop it, that thing was in there pretty good. Managed to pull it all off with dinging the wood, always a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakePlissken View Post
              I was able to pop it out by fully depressing the whammy bar, and fitting a small screwdriver behind the Floyd, then pushing down from the top side of the guitar.
              That was going to be my suggestion. Glad it worked out for you.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                That was going to be my suggestion. Glad it worked out for you.
                Yeah, sure it was!
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I was gonna say drill a hole through your bridge pickup to the cover on the back, but since you already got it
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Heating the plate LIGHTLY with a hair drier loosens whatever is holding them on.
                    Turn that Sh......... down!

Comment

Working...
                    X