DIY Preamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Preamp?

I' really interested in building a preamp for my Charvel mutt. Is there any site where they go into detail on how to build a great (by DIY standards) onboard preamp?
    Gear:

Gibson SG (Stock)
    Ibanez RG7321 loaded with Seymour Duncan Invaders
    Charvel frankenstien guitar (not entirely sure what it is has a Charvel Logo)
    Line 6 Pod Xt Live
    Atomic Reactor 212 50 Watt
    Groove Tubes
    Dr Strings

If you are looking for preamp modules/mods housed inside your guitar cavity, then there are options. Not sure about DIY projects but here's a link to GuitarFetish's available mods. DIY might give you more options. Not sure how the price for DIY compares to these pre made ones. I have no experience w/either DIY or GF onboard mods. So no recommendations here.

http://stores.ebay.com/Guitarfetish-...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
    Last edited by T@rgetDrone; 01-15-2008, 12:01 AM. Reason: forgot to add the link
    In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

I have a July 1983 Guitar Player article that has detailed info and a schematic. If you can't find anything on the net, send a PM. I would imagine that this article is probably online in some iteration anyway.

Comment

I've built preamps using the LM386. You can find them at radio shack for about a buck, and take little extra components to get working.

Use a breadboard first, with an input and output jack (like a pedal). Once you are happy with the tone, scale it down to fit into the control cavity.

Comment

Working...
        X