No announcement yet.

28" baritone scale and a Floyd Rose....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28" baritone scale and a Floyd Rose....

Hey Guys!

I'm in the process of putting together a project. Mostly "charvel" specs with the only difference being a 28" baritone scale length.

My question/concern is if it's possible to use a baritone scale length with 10-60 gauge strings tuned B to B with a floating Floyd Rose. Will I have tuning/intonation issues due to the high tension and large gauge? Or will it be fine.

Please chime in.

thanks
    pete

You should be alright.
    The Floyd is designed for abuse. You may have to use all 5 springs though.
    -Rick

Comment

Yep, I was expecting to use all 5 springs. Though, I may just "block" the floyd to be on the safe side since I don't usually go wammy-crazy with my Floyds.

thx!

Comment

With the longer scale, you should be fine. If you were using a regular 25.5" scale, you might run into a problem with not being able to move the saddle back far enough to properly intonate.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had a Warmoth baritone conversion neck on a Star body with a Floyd, Sperzels, and a regular nut. Had no trouble with the Floyd at all. Of course, I was using 9s.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
            Yep, I was expecting to use all 5 springs. Though, I may just "block" the floyd to be on the safe side since I don't usually go wammy-crazy with my Floyds.

thx!
            Why do you want a FR then?
            If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Originally posted by thunderhead View Post
              Why do you want a FR then?

He probably has one in his stock, and likes the feel of the floyd under his palm.
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                He probably has one in his stock, and likes the feel of the floyd under his palm.
                Correcto-mundo!
                Thanks to all who have chimed in and helped.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                X