Fit for Fusion Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fit for Fusion Pro

Months ago you guys helped me out by telling me I could replace the TKS-101 trem a previous owner put on my Fusion Pro with the original JT-590, which is the same as a Schaller Floyd. I am looking for one in Classifieds now.

One of our JCF bros offered up a JT-580 off his DK2M. Would it fit? What other trems would fit a JT-590 route? Floyd II, I saw some messageboards (not this one) say? Will I have intonation problems?

I checked out Audiozone- awesome info, but mostly geared towards what will fit as a replacement for an OFR, not really for a Schaller's replacement.

I see Warmoth sells the Schaller Floyds for a good $30-$40 bucks cheaper than ANYONE else new.... is there a reason for this?

Thanks guys,

Vass
    Last edited by Vass; 01-10-2008, 12:30 PM.

I don't know if the 580 will work, but a 590 is basically a Schaller or Floyd Rose II. Make sure it's the double-locking and not the first version of the Floyd II from the '80s that was single-locking.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had to replace the base plate on the 590 on my Fusion XL and the first one I tried was
      from a 580 and no luck. Could not intonate it. The saddles had to go farther back than there was room on the plate. You need a Schaller or newer Floyd Rose II. I found a 590 on ebay and got it cheap but it took a lot of paitence. Seems like they don't go for low enough on ebay, at least a year or so ago when I was looking, to justify buying used. Just be very careful to find out if the intonation screw holes are stripped if you get a used one, because that's a very common problem. That's what was wrong with mine.

Karl

Comment

Just buy a new Schaller and live without worrying if you bought one with dead knife edges, or edges which have been sharpened so many times they're worthless, which is common on Ebay.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X