another intonation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another intonation question

Yes, I searched..can't find exactly what I need. I have an RR5. The saddle needs to go closer to the bridge. But when I loosened the string up a bit and started turning the screw..it came COMPLETELY out (yes, turned it the wrong way..knock it off:ROTF. Even after I put it back in..I can't quite figure out how to MOVE the saddle..it just sits there. Yeah, it's the first time I've tried this so I'm nervous about screwin it up. I got the idea..just can't get the damn saddle to cooperate. Make sense?? Help.

The saddle should move when you turn the screw. Maybe give the saddle a little push at the same time.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Possible the saddle threads are stripped out?

Comment

Show us a pic, Jeri, where the saddle is stuck if possible. I can't quite understand your description :scratchhead:
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

so it's like a vintage/strat style trem, right?
          loosen the string completely, that wil help you get the screw back into the threads (provided they are not stripped as Cygnus asked about).
          then keep turning clockwise to bring the saddle towards back of the bridge.
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

The rr5 is tunomatic and string through, like a gibson except with no stoptail. Same principle though. Perhaps the saddle is stuck somehow? A pic would help.
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

ah, I see.
              sounds stripped
              :/
              --floydkramer

Comment

I'll see if I can get some pics tonight. Thanks guys.

Comment

Ok everyone, thanks for everything. I just didn't take my time last night and really "understand" the bridge. Saddle moves fine. I'm a moron..thanks for overlookin me

Comment

Glad you got it fixed Jeri, I was going to say if it is like the Gibson Tune-0-matics if that triangular clip comes out (like you need to remove to swap saddles with something like Graphtechs) trying to get it back in is next to impossible without a bunch of patience and swear words and broken clips.

Comment

J-C,
                      I've used the under-appreciated "bunch of patience and swear words" tool many (MANY) times.
                      There is no substitute!
                      LOL
                      --floydkramer

Comment

That's what I've been doing wrong, I was only using a bunch of swear words and totally skipped the patience step - DOH!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X