Schaller Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller Pickups

anyone know where I can find info on these? I now have 2 guitars with them in. My bc rich gunslinger that has one with 12 screws and my peavey patriot that has the standard black poles and 6 screws. The only thing I can find on them is on the kramer site that says that they are close in sound to a seymour duncan custom (which I am considering getting for a model 2).
    Is there any info sites on these or members here who can give me some insite?
    EDIT: I didn't think they made pickups anymore but I see they do. I found the english buttom. Not much info there though.
    Last edited by Rich#6; 01-02-2008, 08:29 AM.

don't know to much about them, but i remember playing the 2 bar high gain one in an amfisound guitar, harmonics used to fly from it, it was a real ultra high gain pick-up, took me some time to tame it, i want to get one to test it more.

Comment

apparently they make some phenomenal stuff, which I'd like to try!
      Out Of Ideas

Comment

stew-mac.com

Comment

The only thing at stew mac are wiring diagrams. I am looking for specs and opinions.

Anybody with an old kramer with a schaller think they sound like a seymour duncan custom?

Comment

I picked up two on e-bay for 20 bucks a couple weeks back, and installed them in my pacer to bring it around to stock.
            The finish isn't, but the sounds is... but that's another thread.
            They sound unique to me, and very hot.
            Highs and harmonics everywhere... very articulate.
            Ballsy lows and mids as well.
            For the H/H setup of my Pacer Imperial, they are even great in tandem.
            Clean or dirty, mind you.
            Get a set... they are cheap, and you will like or I'll take 'em off your hands.
            How's that for a deal?
            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

A Schaller Hum was stock in my '83-'84 Kramer Pacer Special. That should tell you something.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

fett,
                you gotz any pics of that special?
                you know, the one you want to trade for my custom finished pacer?
                hehe
                --floydkramer

Comment

I'm going to sell my Pacers when I get around to it. Those maple bods are too heavy for me. Not only that, I have had them for 2 years and I have yet to see what I have searching ebay for those 2 years.

Comment

I just got a Kramer, see the other guitars section, that has a Schaller 2in1 in it. I agree with nhspike in his assessment of the pickup. I don't know much about Duncans fan so I don't know if it sounds like a Custom or not. But it does both dirty and clean very well. Great low end without getting too muddy. Clean highs and defined mids. I like it. I'm going to keep in in the Kramer, I thought about swapping it out for a DiMarzio but I think the Schaller does very well...
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

A Viking with a bad back?
                      LOL
                      OK, just checkin'
                      Hagar!
                      LOL
                      --floydkramer

Comment

I am a Viking Squier-Like person. I have a shitbox full of guitars. The Kramers I have, 5 or 6, are just too heavy. However, they will pay for a lot of cheap guitars.

Comment

Ideed they shall fett, I can sense it...
                          or
                          perhaps
                          some MEAT?
                          perhaps I'll do a custom graphic on my Kramer to entice you futher... oh, something like... fluorescent orange... "Reduced for quick sale" something like that?
                          hehehhehe
                          Last edited by nhspike; 01-02-2008, 08:04 PM.
                          --floydkramer

Comment

I have heard that the early hamer "slammer" pickups up to the mid 80s were schaller. I always thought they were dimarzio. Whatever it was, it was absolutely THE high gain, articulate and full sound out of my superlight mahogany vector. I don't know why I sold it. Comparisons to a custom are not far off, but I never put a custom in a mahogany guitar - though I should.

I feel that the custom has a lot of mid, very articulate, slightly dry (sort of flat eq?).Very tight, but note sterile like some describe an EMG81.
                            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                            X