Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polished brass vs. gold plated hardware...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polished brass vs. gold plated hardware...

So what exactly are the color differences in person between polished brass and gold plated hardware? Im thinking about a polished brass pickup ring, but Im not sure how well it will match the gold Schaller trem and hardware.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Hello?
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

The polished brass pickup rings Dave made me for my LP copy look great with the gold bridge and tailpiece. Not enough of a difference to make me cringe. I am pretty anal about things like this. If it looked bad, I'd change them to black.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Nice! Thats what I was looking for... I need a gold pup ring for one of the Model 6's, but wanted to make sure it would look alright with the gold hardware first. Thanks!

Comment

Pickup rings look nice if they're shiny, but I prefer the not-shiny look for things like bridges, tailpieces, v-plates (Rhoads), and tuners.

One of the things I didn't like about the JCF01 Rhoads was the shiny v-plate - looks too much like plastic.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X