How do you guys record your MP3s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys record your MP3s?

can you recommend some shareware programs to use? someone told me that there's a place on this site to record..where is it?

thank you

Re: How do you guys record your MP3s?

www.goldwave.com

Comment

There's another that I highly recommend.

N-TRACK

Comment

N-Tracks good .. if you use Cakewalk Guitar Studio or something similar you can use acidized drum programs and their a lot easier to cut parts up and move things around for different ideas ..
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

i record analog and drop it into the 'puter via soundforge for cleanup and extra eq...i'm a relic around here... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

pro tools digi001, then master in sound forge, then to mp3.

Dave

Comment

I use Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro
              http://www.cakewalk.com/guitarists.asp

It comes with a trial version that lets you mixdown to mp3...after it expired I just mix to wav and then convert to mp3 with a different app
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

I use dbPowerAmp to convert wav to mp3, just right click on the wav file, then pick your new format & destination. And best of all, IT'S FREE! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] go here to get it.

Comment

I am going to be posting my first MP3 after I figure this out. I have Windows Media player 10 (new version).

I can rip from my CD and put into MP3 format with that I am told.

So then after I have it in MP3 format on my hard disk - then what do I do?
                  PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

You mean how you rip into MP3's or how do they record their actual tracks?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      You mean how you rip into MP3's or how do they record their actual tracks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I have the MP3 part figured out with Windows Media 10.
                      I have to figure out what site I can go to to upload it onto the web.
                      I tried onlinerock.com but am having trouble with it.
                      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I use CoolEdit2000 for mixing and finalizing (record onto an Akai DPS12 digital unit) which can save as MP3.

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i have an Akai dps12 too,fu(king great lil units.I use it for rough demo ideas and then go into protools and start from scratch as i have better audio convertors hardwired to that OS.For Mp3s or wavs i either use protools mixing plugins/encoders or sometimes i might transfer to another machine and use Wavelab(can use that on a laptop if i need to to master straight to cd)

Comment

My general process is:

1. Record a track with Total Recorder
                            2. Clean up the track with Goldwave (Remove all but the actual piece of music, like my hand scraping the strings getting ready to play, fadeout noise, etc...)
                            3. Play back the track with GoldWave while playing along and recording the next track with Total recorder.
                            4. Repeat Step 2 for the second track
                            5. Mix and match in Cool Edit Pro
                            6. Repeat Steps 1-5 until completion
                            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Live band stuff I use a fostex digital 16 track, then run a mix in stereo to my soundcard, then play with it in cooledit pro. Stuff I record here at the house is either mic'd with an SM57 into the fostex then into the PC, or a modelling amp (Line6 Vetta, Behringer Vamp2, or Yamaha DG-Stomp) direct to my PC.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X