Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I order replacement parts direct from Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I order replacement parts direct from Jackson?

Can I order replacement parts direct from Jackson?

I have a PC1 that needs a tuners as well as the neck pickup sustainer unit not to mention the metal trem cover plate as well. To say that there is not really a strong local dealer network here in Canada is an understatement.

Since nothing is still under warranty and given that I will do the repairs myself, I am wondering if there is a way to order such parts direct from Jackson or even FMIC perhaps?

A quick look at the Jackson website shows no email address or even an 800 number.

Any suggestions out there?

Good luck with that.

Comment

Meaning?

No post sales customer support?

Any dealers that post here ever order parts for JCF members?

Comment

Slash is correct..... Good luck with that! I am still trying to become a repair center for Fender products! Once I have completed all of their requirements, it still might be a problem getting parts for non-warranty work. Sorry, I would have a local metal shop make the plate for you, it's aluminum... should be easy, the Jackson Sustainer/Driver pick-up will be a problem!
        Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

http://www.fretsonthenet.com/USAJack...y_Cover_Plates

Comment

Huh?

I guess I am pretty new to this but correct me if I am wrong. If I need a part for say my wifes Nissan or even my Saab, a quick trip to the dealer and OEM parts are readily avaliable and ordered. Installed or otherwise.

I fail to understand how an America guitar manufacturer (owned by FMIC no less) that sells upscale guitars would not have some degree of customer support in regards to replacement parts.

Ordering say Jackson decals I can understand as that opens a whole new can of worms in regards to piracy and fakes but run of the mill parts....?

Please do not get me wrong here. I am not putting down Jackson or any dealers for that matter. I still worship their guitars but this just seems weird from a consumer standpoint.

So what is the general consensus in regards to say a dealer? Would they be willilng (and even able) to order parts for me that I would not be able to do direct on my own?

Geez.. All of a sudden the Rolls-Royce logo on the Jackson seems to make sense! Maybe getting RR parts would be easier! LOL!

Comment

Regarding the sustainer unit, I learned from a FMIC/JCMI Dealer rep., that they must be installed/serviced at the factory. In other words no loose parts. So, you would have to send the guitar to Jackson. Perhaps by sending it in, the other parts can be installed at the same time. It's a strange way to do business and it's been that way for JCMI. I'd call FMIC Customer Service and see what can be done.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

First post-

You could try Fernandes... they evidently sell Sustainers. I dunno if they'll sell them without the the guitars, though.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDestruction View Post
                  First post-

You could try Fernandes... they evidently sell Sustainers. I dunno if they'll sell them without the the guitars, though.
                  They do, FSK401 for $230! They are not as powerful (9V) as compared to the 18V Jackson model. Also, the pots are connected to the circuit board, so that's a problem. Not recommended for retrofitting on a PC1. The only other alternative is a Sustainiac unit. Again not as powerful (9V), but can be fitted on a PC1.
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

As stated, Jackson does not "sell" repair or replacement parts.
                    You can take it to an authorized repair center and PAY them a small fortune to have it sent back to Jackson for repairs.
                    FYI... last time I checked, the PC1 sustainer was $900.
                    Get an FSK 401 or a Sustainiac Stealth Plus kit.
                    Much cheaper.
                    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                      I am wondering if there is a way to order such parts direct from Jackson or even FMIC perhaps?
                      at one time, the plan was to make replacement parts available (like they do with fender stuff), but at this time, your answer is no.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Given that I only need the sustainer (neck pickup) and not the whole circuit board, I'll email Jackson and see what they say.

As for a gold Jackson tuner (I assume that they are Ping tuners no?) one is eventually bound to show up either here or on ebay...

Comment

I'll email Jackson and see what they say.
                          Good luck with that too! :ROTF:

Comment

As for a gold Jackson tuner (I assume that they are Ping tuners no?) one is eventually bound to show up either here or on ebay...
                            What is on there now? Not like what's on your new one? Schaller? Or is the older one that has the Jackson Logo'd tuners. The Jackson logo'd tuners should be Gotoh, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Here is a pic of the tuners....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Headstock.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X