GMW Refin's/ No more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW Refin's/ No more

I called Lee yesterday to check on a refin/graphic and was told that they are nolonger in the refin or repair buisness They ony build and sell their own line of guitars. Where does one go now for a Dan Lawarence graphic?

Yep, that sucks. That's what I have heard. They need to update their Website then.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

dan works on his own. you may be able to get in touch with him.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

http://www.simscustomshop.com/
        These guy might be able to do what you want. I have heard good things about them, but never used them.

Comment

I guess his business picked up after he invented the laminated fret board hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
            I guess his business picked up after he invented the laminated fret board hahaha.
            :ROTF: those are in demand everywhere, but especially down under.

(sorry Genebaby, couldn't resist...)
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

If you can't get Dan to do it try Mike Learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave67 View Post
                http://www.simscustomshop.com/
                These guy might be able to do what you want. I have heard good things about them, but never used them.
                I haven't sent them anything since I heard they take 8-12 months to do a guitar paint job. Nothing fancy just a straight finish job. Some guy's have been waiting for over a year! Although, I hear once you receive the guitar, it's a real nice job.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                  :ROTF:

Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                    I haven't sent them anything since I heard they take 8-12 months to do a guitar paint job. Nothing fancy just a straight finish job. Some guy's have been waiting for over a year! Although, I hear once you receive the guitar, it's a real nice job.
                    Dang is that true? I'm in the process of getting a quote from those guys to swirl my IBZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                      Dang is that true? I'm in the process of getting a quote from those guys to swirl my IBZ.
                      Check out the comments on the jemsite if you haven't already. There are a lot of irritated people on the forum that have sent Mr. Sims guitars to paint. Some are taking a long time. See if he responds to your quote inquiry on a timely basis.

Comment

Hey everybody, I'm new to the forum and just came across this thread. Just wanted to let you know if your interested in getting a custom paint job its generally around 8-10 weeks for solid colors, metallics, pearls & even Kandy colors, but custom paint schemes can take longer, the crazier & more complex the design is the longer it will take to do, also the rougher the condition of the guitar is the more prep work it will need to get flawless resulting in a longer turnaround time. Some times we even get stuff painted in as little as 6 weeks if the body is in very nice shape when we get it and therefore doesn't require as much prep work. Some of the jobs we've had for a long time we've been working on are guitars we're not only painting, but building as well....building the body, custom neck, custom inlay, etc...in which they will also have to be assembled, wired, set up, etc....and yes, those can take anywhere from 4 months to a year just depending on again exactly what we're doing, but generally we got 90% of most paint jobs out in the 8-10 week range. Swirls are also an exception and can sometimes go over that time range. But how long can it take to get a Custom Shop guitar built from Jackson or Charvel?

I'm new to the forum and I hope that if anyone is ever interested in having a custom finish done on their guitar then they'll consider us. Feel free to check out our websites at:

www.simscustomshop.com & www.myspace.com/simscustomshopguitars

If you have any questions feel free to contact us through our site, through a PM here or through our e-mail address [email protected]

Thanks!

Patrick Sims
                        Last edited by SimsCustomShop; 05-03-2008, 12:46 PM.

Comment

hey patrick, you do awesome work, but the board has sponsors/advertisers and that kind of post isn't in line with the rules about advertising. you may want to reach out to the admins, and perhaps become a board sponsor.
                          welcome to the board.

sully
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I would like that....how do I do that? Could an admin contact me....I don't even know who the admins are.

Comment

shoot a PM to mayday or sandman0170 and let them know that you'd be interested in sponsorship.

sully
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X