Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new "Taylor T5-like" guitar coming soon from...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new "Taylor T5-like" guitar coming soon from...

Have any ideas...

It will be released Jan. 17 at Winter NAMM.

Stumped?

Yep, Ibanez!

I have to tell you, I'm very excited. I recently sold two of my A/E's to fund a T5. I went out and tried a few and I was very unsatisfied with the acoustic side of the guitar, which I mainly need it for. I have searched the Ibanez Japan sites and a few Japanese dealers and have not found out any more info about this guitar. It might actually only be released in the US, I guess since most of all the other Ibanez stuff for 2008 has already been leaked. But, my source at Hoshino let me in on at least that this was happening. So, if you know the name of the guitar, or any other info, especially a picture, please post!

I've never played a T5 but I was at a Taylor guitar clinic and that thing sounded like ass compared to what the guys were doing on the acoustics earlier. The boys could play but when they turned to this the sound of it was not great, I'd have expected way more the way they were pushing it.

Comment

I've been hooked on the Ovation version. Can't afford it yet, but soon.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Here's a pic that I finally found.

MSC650-VV

Comment

It needs a ZR bridge and sharkies.
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

No sir.
            I don't like it.
            The bridge gets to me.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I don't like it either... there's just something wrong with it, not usure what it is, but it doesn't look that good to me.
              Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

i dont like the acoustic look, on a electric guitar

Comment

Anyone notice that the F holes are an exclamation point?

Comment

I listened to the audio clips and If I'm not mistaken, they don't sound as tight as a solid body guitar, and they probably never will.
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

That looks like some Chinese Ovation knock offs... I would like to see Martin do one kind of like Taylor, or maybe go back to their BCRich-influenced one they did in the late 70s.

Comment

Working...
                      X