Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea/rumors on new stuff from Jackson/Charvel this 2008 NAMM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea/rumors on new stuff from Jackson/Charvel this 2008 NAMM?

Ever since the introduction of the DK2M it seems there hasn't been much new and that was 2 years ago. I acknowledge the Mark Morten model and the RR24, but they are both limited /artist models only not mass production models.

Is Jackson ever planning any other models with the maple neck with black sharkies of the DK2M? Come on Jackson what's the problem?

new charvel imports!!
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

yeah me thiunderhead and destrcution od were talking about greater options on guitars so to speak. basically we'd like to be able to go into a store pickup a guitar with whatever fingerboard and whatever pickup config, just like any fender - definately more maple boards. we'd also like to to see more jacksons in the sl3/rr 24 price range. and one hum strats
      Last edited by sonicsamurai; 12-25-2007, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Revival of the original Charvel Model series
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
          Ever since the introduction of the DK2M it seems there hasn't been much new and that was 2 years ago. I acknowledge the Mark Morten model and the RR24, but they are both limited /artist models only not mass production models.

Is Jackson ever planning any other models with the maple neck with black sharkies of the DK2M? Come on Jackson what's the problem?
          RR24 IS standard production. As for new stuff, aside from the new Charvel import, there hasn't been much mentioned (I guess the new colors too).

Comment

Not necessarily Jackson/Charvel but there should be some new EVH Gear announcements this NAMM.
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Ok for some reason when I was reading through old threads here I came across the "Are thre RR24's going to be discontinued?" thread: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75868

Then in post #15 there is what appears to be a color I wasn't familiar with that was considered limited, which seems to be indicated with the fretboard end being stamped with numbers indicating a limited run.

Weren't the original RR24's 1)black RR w/ white bevels 2) white RR w/ black bevels, 3)black RR w/yellow bevels?

My point was I recall after the DK2M's came out we were all clamoring for more maple necks on other models. Now no one wants Maple? I never hear it on the board here anymore. Also don't really hear too much on people expecting new models like they expect Fender to be slowly killing off Jackson or something.
              Last edited by Jackson-Charvel; 12-25-2007, 07:36 PM.

Comment

no black/yellow white/black black/red are the standard production rr24s there is a ltd run with yellow bevs, perloid binding i think and reverse sharkies.

what new models could jackson do tho? unless they did some ltd runs with Xtrme shapes, or they did a death kelly production model? i for one what more with maple boards particularly in the higher end guitars. i think the trouble is maple is avery bright wood, and modern meal artistd ahve very ballsy low end tones and low tunings that maple isn't suited for. I tend to think of maple as being more of a 'classic' metal (ie pre 1990) wood, burt neverthe less guitar players from tat era didn't stop buying guitars after the 80s, and certainly there are afew people inc myself who take a lot of influence from 80s guitarists. it'll come round again....

Comment

It seems there is some sign of resignation about the invlovement of Fender,
                  J-C...it's a monster out of our control, so we are resigned to recent customs, and vintage. The PC1's are hot, the Model series are hot, but the best we see is a "reliced" reissue that laughs in the face of fans. Current CS orders have recieved enough bad rep to bring that option down into oblivion. I have my dreams, but I'll let someone else pay for that dream, and pick it up when it gets to be out of favor. That's a bad sign for the brand, but that's where it has gone.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                    As for new stuff, aside from the new Charvel import, there hasn't been much mentioned
                    What the new Charvel import? That's the first I've heard of that.

Comment

I'd like it if they updated the RR24s with better specs. For example, who the hell came up with the idea to use black binding? The matching logo to bevels looks ugly too IMO. Why couldn't they have made them nice like the Jackson Stars models?

Comment

And is the RR series going into the same laughingstock as the Dimebags?
                        True, there are a lot of RR's I'd love to consider, but that is a path that is left to a singular specialty. For the CS, only, if they were smart, IMO. Too late.

Comment

there will be many new....

GUITARS!!!

Muahahahaha
                          Out Of Ideas

Comment

I wish Jackson wouldnt have had that price increase, I would have had 2 custom shop models on order by now. I'm pretty much just looking at used USA models for now and will continue to do so. I'd love a Death Kelly production model though, I'm loving that shape lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                              What the new Charvel import? That's the first I've heard of that.
                              Search. I believe Jacksonite first reported it at Summer NAMM

Comment

Working...
                              X