seymour duncan Blackouts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seymour duncan Blackouts?

I see that seymour duncan blackouts have the same conecter as EMG does. Will Blackouts work in my guitar wired for EMGs or are they wired differently?

In the current GW, they did a review on them, and I think they mentioned they are compatible with "other active" pickups, but they did not specifically mention EMGs...but reading between the lines it sounds like they are. Plus, it's in SD's interest to make them compatible.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Yeah but would EMG let them?It may be a propritary thing.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

You shouldn't have any qualms. I took a photo of the back of my Blackout that I haven't installed yet. It can be seen here:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/elbungle...h/IMG_2316.jpg

Comment

Question is - do they use the same value pots?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
            They use the same quick connect cable, so if your emgs have that which most likely it does, just unplug the back of the emg and connect the cable to the back of the blackout. It's simple and they use the same hardware. Only difference is the blackout only runs on a 9v and not the 18v or 27v if you modded it that way.

Comment

I think I might give them a try. my EMGs are 9volt so that shouldn't be a problem. But what is that big cable for on the Blackouts EMG doesn't have that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                Yes they are both 25k pots

Comment

my blackout is modded to 18v. I tried to change it to 9 and it sounded bad. Not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by themisfit138 View Post
                    I think I might give them a try. my EMGs are 9volt so that shouldn't be a problem. But what is that big cable for on the Blackouts EMG doesn't have that?
                    That cable in the back is if you have an active setup that is old. I had an EMG 81 that I just switched out for the blackout about 2 weeks ago. My EMG
                    was an old one so there was no quick connector cable, it was actually wired.

Anyway, the Blackouts rule. They sound 10x huger than the EMGs. A lot crunchier and a lot more low end. The EMGs are compressed sounding, which makes them kind of shrill, I think. They straight up blare (the blackouts, that is).
                    Last edited by nsubulysses; 12-24-2007, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Sounds like I will have to try the Blackouts sometime. How would you describe their sound in regards to other Duncan pups?

Comment

Well, I haven't played Duncans in a long time. About 5 or 6 years ago I used to play Full Shreds but that was so long ago I don't really remember.

Comment

I'm still waiting for the standard sized 7 string Blackouts to be released.

Comment

where is a good place to buy Blackouts online, I checked guitar center and they don't have any. This may be a dumb question but, can I have a Duncan in the bridge and leave the EMG 60 in the neck?

Comment

yes, you can mix and match EMG's and Duncan Blackouts.

Comment

Working...
                              X