Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebony or Maple board on a neck thru maple/maple bodied guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebony or Maple board on a neck thru maple/maple bodied guitar?

Hi all. I am trying to decide on my Carvin if I want an ebony board or bullseye maple? It's a neck thru with maple neck and maple body. I dont want it tooo bright and I think the plain maple neck with the neck thru would be over the top.
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

i don't you'd notice the difference between maple and ebony tonally when you have a maple thru maple. so that choice would be purely cosmetic.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Cool, I think the ebony looks better anyway. Thanks.
      Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
        i don't you'd notice the difference between maple and ebony tonally when you have a maple thru maple. so that choice would be purely cosmetic.
        That's what I think, too. They're both kind of brighter woods than rosewood anyway, but I don't think rosewood would even have that much of an affect with all the maple anyway. Go with whatever you think looks best.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Bullseye Maple? Is that like a large figured birdseye? I've never seen bullseye maple. Any pics?

I think the ebony would look really great personally.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
            Bullseye Maple? Is that like a large figured birdseye? I've never seen bullseye maple.

It's more commonly known as knotty pine
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

go for the maple you dont often see maple fretboarded neck thourghs...

a while ago some one posted a chlorine maple boarded neck through carvin and it was
              Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
              Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                It's more commonly known as knotty pine
                That would match the Bulls eye graphic!:ROTF:
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
                  go for the maple you dont often see maple fretboarded neck thourghs...

a while ago some one posted a chlorine maple boarded neck through carvin and it was
                  My maple neck-thru/maple board SC90... with a swamp ash body.

Comment

If you dont want it to bright, why the maple body, and not alder or even mahoghany?

Comment

depending on the maple used for the body it might not be as bright as you think. ive got a bunch of all maple guitars, & the density / weight of the maple really has a big effect on brightness. i dont know how set you are on maple but carvins KOA option isnt that expensive as compared to other companies. koa is very much like mahogany with a maple cap. fairly bright & tight sounding but with the warmth of mahogany.

Comment

toejam, is that chevy yours?
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

LOL No, that was taken at another forum member's house a few years ago.

Comment

Oh, and the plastic box under the cabinet must be a special design by planet waves, which balances the soundwaves in the speaker and "maximizes" the playing experience.And I presume that it costs about 89.99.... Canadian
                            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

You have to drink a lot of milk to get plastic crates like that! :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X