Charvel Standard Series/ Musikraft neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Standard Series/ Musikraft neck

Guy's I have a new Standard Seies Pointy that I am ordering a Musikraft neck for. The guitar is equipped with a Floyd and it appears that Charvel angles the base of the necks rather then the neckpocket. Does anybody know what the pitch is and if Musikraft will do this. I always thought the pockets were angled but in checking it with a T Square the pocket is level. Thank's

is the floyd recessed or top mounted?
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Did you check the neck heel as well to see if it is angled? And yes, the above comment on recessed vs. non-recessed will make a difference.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I think shimming the neck would work just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by rocksoldier View Post
          I think shimming the neck would work just as good.
          I agree

Comment

The trem is nonrecessed. Like all Charvel Standard Series I've seen(2006). If I shim the neck won't there be a gap between the pocket and the bottom of the neck? The heel of the neck appears to be angled. I want the Musikraft neck to fit just as tight as the pointy that came off.

Comment

Yes there will be a tiny gap but that is the way they used to do it with the old Charvels. The bodies were cut with a flat neck pocket for vtrems and when they started adding floyds to them they had to shim the necks. I can't verify or dispute what you are claiming about the neck but I find it hard to believe they angle the neck heel instead of the pocket.

Comment

In most cases, the required shim will not need to be very thick. Just one piece of business card stock in the back of the pocket should do it. Cout strip from the card stock, 3/16-1/4" wide and long enough to cover the width of the back of the heel.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

What about the truss rod, single or dual action? Is the dual action better? I was going to have the truss adjust at the headstock but Musikraft headstock adjust route requires a cover infront of the nut shelf. I was hoping they did them with a small modified plug like J/C ala that recently posted Blue Snakeskin Charvel.

Comment

Working...
                  X