Charvel Standard/Fret size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Standard/Fret size?

I have done a seach here but I could not find a difinitve answer. I think it is 6100 . I am ordering a Musikraft Charvel neck and would like to know for sure.
    Anybody?

6100 is the Dunlop equivalent of Charvel/Jackson's "jumbo" frets. it is not the exact same fret wire but as close as you can get from most aftermarket neck manufacturers.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
      6100 is the Dunlop equivalent of Charvel/Jackson's "jumbo" frets. it is not the exact same fret wire but as close as you can get from most aftermarket neck manufacturers.
      +1 and Musikraft will do a good job for you.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Model 2 specs.

Specs I ordered mine to.

I'm well pleased with my Musikraft neck!!!

Comment

6150s are thinner than the standard jumbo jackson/charvel frets. dreamland rebel is correct that 6100s will get you as close as you can get.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Oops...I went with 6150's because they don't feel quite like train tracks to me. I posted my Musikraft specs just to show what options I had selected when I bought mine. That's why I posted the Model 2 specs first. Damn my confusing ass.

Comment

Dunlop 6000 is the size. Musikraft has that size as an option.

Comment

6000 is the biggest fretwire Dunlop makes (for guitars). It's pretty gigantic. Here are the dimensions of most of what they make:

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/h...wiredunlop.htm

Not sure if the Model Series wire size is exactly the same as what the USA guitars use(d), but mine all seem pretty close. Going by that, the closest match is 6110. Model Series wire was .114" x .051", and 6110 is .115" x .050", just a bit wider & not quite as tall as 6100 (.110" x .055"). We're just talking about a few thousandths here, so 6100 is gonna be damn close.

Comment

agreed, and after a fret level, the 6100s can be worked down a bit.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I have a guitar with 6000s on it (awesome frets) - and it's definitely not the same size as Jackson's jumbo frets, there's a very noticeable difference.
                    - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

I am having my Charvel re-fretted with 6150's.

joe....
                      www.godwentpunk.com
                      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
                      X