Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA J-90c humbuckers, are they all the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA J-90c humbuckers, are they all the same?

Okay so I wanna replace the J-80c in my 3DR to a J-90c and Im wondering if there is any difference between the ones that came in model 1's & 2's, model 3's and model 4's?

Sure the casings are different but do they all have the same guts? And if so whats the point of Jackson slapping stickers on the back that say "model 1 & 2" "model 3" and "model 4"

Is there a superior USA J-90c???

cheers

anyone?

Comment

I would assume that all J-90c's were made to these specs.

Comment

thanx razor

Comment

Hey Razor:
          Where did you get that spec sheet from? I've never seen the Model series fret wire, machine heads, and nut described in any brochure before.

BTW, I didn't know the nut was made from "carbon fibre". I thought it was a phenolic nut.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Phenolic nuts were use in the vintage trem Charvels and they are a dark redish brown not black.
            Some later J90cs were made overseas the USA pickups were used in most model series Charvels.I assume the model stickers were used to make the assy process faster.The USA jackson pickups either have the made in USA sticker or have Jackson embossed on the base plate.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
              Hey Razor:
              Where did you get that spec sheet from? I've never seen the Model series fret wire, machine heads, and nut described in any brochure before.

BTW, I didn't know the nut was made from "carbon fibre". I thought it was a phenolic nut.
              Well, I can't remember who posted it on here before, but I got the spec sheet from another member. Probably Jackson1, it may have been fett or possibly Tekky. Someone posted it on here and I saved it for future reference as I really like the Model 2's.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have a spec pamphlet from back in the day, but it never mentioned the frets, nut etc.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                X