Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing jt6 by a fixed kahler 7330 on a model 5

Hello,

I will receive a NOS CHARVEL model 5 whithout hardware next week ,and I am thinking about install a kahler 7330 (the fixed one) instead of the jt 6

Does someone know if it will work? cause the neck is angled on these guitars.

Thanks,
    Arno

I am thinking it should be fine since the model 5 had a non recessed trem to begin with. The neck angle should be good for the Kahler.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I retrofitted a non-recessed Floyd guitar with a 7330, and it worked fine except the saddle height screws they include are a bit short. I had to find longer ones to replace them.

Comment

thanks a lot for the answers,

Axewielder : where did you get the right screw for the height of the saddle?.
        Also does the bridge cover the floyd insert hole??

I am verry happy that is working fine, on fretsonthenet.com the Jt 6 insert + the post are at 50$ so with the hybrid kahler for 120$ I have a complete bridge... and I have too much guitars with Floyds

Last edited by nonoxxx; 12-14-2007, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nonoxxx View Post
          thanks a lot for the answers,

Axewielder : where did you get the right screw for the height of the saddle?.
          Also does the bridge cover the floyd insert hole??

I am verry happy that is working fine, on fretsonthenet.com the Jt 6 insert + the post are at 50$ so with the hybrid kahler for 120$ I have a complete bridge... and I have too much guitars with Floyds

You might be fine with the provided screws, my guitar had a pretty steep neck angle. I found them from a hardware store on Amazon.com (I forget what size set screw they are).

Comment

ok thanks

And does the 7330 will cover the floyd inserts holes?? or will I have to fill them?

Comment

Working...
            X