Writing a riff/hook.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing a riff/hook.

Lo there Jackson Brothers but can anyone help me write riffs, I need to come up with some bluesy/rock riffs for friday (my band is very Deep Purple/Hendrix influenced) and so far, I've come up with none [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Really all I need is one good hook and then I can work a chord progression for the verses from there (as I'm the singer), any help will be really appreciated [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Andy!

Re: Writing a riff/hook.

So, if you turn it into a single that makes millions of dollars, do I get any royalties? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

I have this laying around if you want it...
      Yeah baby

Kinda funky/blues/rock tho...

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperfuzz:
        So, if you turn it into a single that makes millions of dollars, do I get any royalties? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You get the satisfaction of helping a wannabe 15 year old guitarist [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Markpb, you got the tab for that, it rocks [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Andy!

Comment

Sure dude....it is...

------------------0-------3--4------
          ------------------0---x---3--4------
          ----------------------x---3--4------
          ----5---5-6----2-----x---2--3------
          ----------------2------x--3--4------
          ----3---3-4----0--------------------

good luck

Comment

Woo Woo already got most of a song in my head from that one riff [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

As famous movie music composer Hans Zimmer ("Gladiator", "Hannibal", etc.) once said, "Starting is hard. If only, when they gave me the Oscar, they included the first four notes to my next score." (Paraphrased, since I don't remember the exact quote.)

So true. All you need are a few notes to work with and to develop and manipulate into a massive composition.

Comment

That riff sounds like Darkthrone meets Dick Dale. Rawks! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X