Looking for an advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an advice

Hey guys, I was hurted at my left humerus radial nerve in sept 2000. My left hand was not responding. Now it is. But I'm having problems doing the chords, and moving my fingers. Is there any type of exercise recomended to improve movility? or just practice and practice a lot? The only thing in practicing is that it hurts a little then, and the other day hurts a lot. Could I recover my lost ability? it was not too much, but at least I had have it.

Any Help

Re: Looking for an advice

hey

Check the thread on here:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=8;t=000209

You could get a grip master (springy thing that you squeeze with your fingers).

On guitar go back to doing this kinda stuff:

---1---2---3---4----------------------------
    -----------------1---2---3---4--------------
    --------------------------------1---2---3---4
    ---------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------

do that on all strings then move up a fret and again.

Then try doing 1st then 3rd finger, 2nd then 4th finger on each string eg:

---1--3--2--4------------------------
    ----------------1--3--2--4-----------
    ---------------------------1--3--2--4

etc on each string and then repeat for a bit.

And then try putting your hand flat on a table, and lifting fingers 1 and 3 together, while keeping 2 and 4 down, then lift 2 and 4 while keeping 1 and 3 down. Pretty difficult but every guitarist needs good finger independance [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

good luck!

Comment

also if it hurts stop, dont want to re-injure yourself and maybe ask your doctor about how much you can do with your hand.

Try a few mins at a time, stop when it hurts, relax for a bit, then try again a little later.

Also im not a doctor\physio therapist so take care! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks man, sound a good exercise, between my practicing times.

Comment

Hey,

Definitely seek a doctor's advice. Unless you have to use a guitar to pay your bills, playing or practicing with pain is just a bad idea, period. I'll spare you the gory details, but I have chronic arthritis, tendonitis, & what is now permanent nerve damage in both hands & my right arm. I might could have prevented the nerve damage, but at the time I was a full time working player, & had no choice but to play through the pain. I wound up screwing myself in the worse possible way - I had to quit playing for nearly two years. I'm once again making my living as a musician, & can't afford to screw up again. I have plenty of ideas about therapy, diet, exercise, stretching, etc. - but this stuff is usually somewhat specific to the condition of the individual, & may or may not directly apply to yourself. This is nothing at all to screw around with or take lightly, trust me. I'm 43 years old & have been around... preventative measures & a little common sense utilized in the years of youth will pay off in the long run. Talk to your doctor. best of luck.

Comment

I don't play for a living, though I'm in rest now from my job. I used to play as a hobby, but I want to play the best I can to jam with my friends and all that stuff, you know. Thanks for your support, they're appreciated.

Comment

Cool, best of luck to you, & take care of those hands.

Comment

the trick with lifting fingers 1 and 3 but not 2 and 4 is alot harder than it sounds [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                where did you get that idea from? i like that idea cause i can do it anywhere,especially at work,where i cant take my guitar.

Comment

Yeah I do too!
                  Great idea I can use that one at school
                  Im not sure if i can see a direct correlation to guitar playing there. That movement isnt one i recognise from playing guitar. Im sure it must help in some way though [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X