Making a push-pull knob "harder" to turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a push-pull knob "harder" to turn

... any ideas? These push-pulls turn kinda too freely and therefore feel like cheapo quality. I can't really put a washer under the knob, because that would only work when it's pushed down.

I was thinking of jamming a bit of electric tape around the part of the shaft that goes into the potentiometer... anyone tried this before?
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Try a thick felt washer, might give ya some 'grab'.
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Or the soft side of velcro

Originally posted by nor View Post

Comment

Originally posted by nor View Post
        +1
        Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Maybe there is some kind of a drug you can take that will weaken your fingers?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions (especially the drugs thing ) but,
            Originally posted by delt View Post
            I can't really put a washer under the knob, because that would only work when it's pushed down.
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

What kind of guitar? You may get away with switching the vol with the tone. Then it wont be near your fingers when playing.

Just an Idea.

Comment

Working...
              X