Pole height on single coil pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole height on single coil pickups

If I play D+G strings, I get a strange pulling feel when my DK2S' Sustainiac is engaged. It was only then I noticed the poles on the STK-1 pup in the middle position are much higher than the others. I took a look at a regular DK2 the other day, and the poles on it's middle pup are all equal height. Is there a technical reason for this?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Ummm, you are aware that a Sustainiac is an electromagnet? When you turn it on, it generates a massive magnetic field. This is what causes the sustain - the field is so strong that it causes the string to move.

Most single-coil poles are radiused to match the string/fretboard radius, but some are even - depends on the tonal characteristics of the pickup itself. If they're flat all the way across, then raising the middles will increase the volume of those two strings slightly.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Lower the sustainiac pickup just a little that might help if it tends to pull it sharp.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
      X