Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have an opinion on Mustaine Live Wires vs. passive Duncans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an opinion on Mustaine Live Wires vs. passive Duncans?

There are tons of Mustaine LW vs EMG threads on here and the seymour duncan forums but I haven't heard anything about how the Mustaine LW's sound compared to just the regular passive JB/Jazz. Is it worth it?

I

Originally posted by thez0r View Post
    There are tons of Mustaine LW vs EMG threads on here and the seymour duncan forums but I haven't heard anything about how the Mustaine LW's sound compared to just the regular passive JB/Jazz. Is it worth it?
    I don't think so. I had a set in a Charvel Model A...and I much preferred the SD Full Shred that I had in it and put back into it.

I'm a Megadeth and Mustaine guy...so I was amped (pun intended) for the set. After the install...pretty big meh...

Comment

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
      I don't think so. I had a set in a Charvel Model A...and I much preferred the SD Full Shred that I had in it and put back into it.

I'm a Megadeth and Mustaine guy...so I was amped (pun intended) for the set. After the install...pretty big meh...

Wow, thanks for the info. That sounds pretty disappointing... especially at the $200 / set price tag.

Comment

I don't know if the Mustaine Livewires are the same as the Heavy Metal Livewires but I had a set of the HM Livewires and didn't care for them. They were very mid focused, too hot(uncontrollable) and it's impossible to get them to clean up. Nothing like the EMG 81/85 sets I own.
        Good deals with:
        Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

stick with the passives they're more defined and musical.
          Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Originally posted by shreder13 View Post
            stick with the passives they're more defined and musical.

Sounds like I might go that way. I don't like EMGs... not hearing good things about live wires of any kind.

My most comfortable playing guitar is also my most shitiest sounding and cheapest. I'm looking for any kind of sound boost I can "polish my turd" with.

Comment

Working...
            X