Rebuilding speed/dexterity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding speed/dexterity

So, I broke my right hand about a month ago. Got my cast off today, and came right home and played for an hour and a half (woulda kept goin but I had to go to work). If you couldn't tell from my moniker, I mostly play fast/tech death metal, and man was I disappointed today! Anybody know of some good exercises to get my right hand chops back?

Re: Rebuilding speed/dexterity

TAKE IT SLOW!!

Grab a metronome and gradually work it up. Too much, too soon will find you in a different kind of cast sooner than you think!
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

That's too bad for you. You can start slowly by playing some doom metal stuff, like Skepticism or Morgion. Then try some stoner/ doom metal like Cathedral, and gradually building it up until you can play Atheist! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Get well soon.

Comment

Thanks, guys! I was playing Lamb of God today and my wrist went to rubber way too quick. I'm gonna try to get on an exercise schedule asap. I actually played with the broken hand for two weeks before I went to the doctor [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] , so I have a little less work to do than I could.

Comment

Hey man, I know how it feels. I broke my ankle when I was 14, and after I got my cast off, I couldn't walk for about two weeks. DId your doctor put you on any type of phys. rehab? If not, make sure you don't overdo it and end up straining something. I wouldn't worry so much about the speed for a while and just work on rebuilding your endurance and strength. Good Luck!

Comment

I injured my left hand three years ago with radial nerve lesion. Now it's working well but with not so control and finger placing like before. Just got a metronome, a teacher, and a doctors advice. Oh, and therapy if it's necesary. Wish you luck, doctor advise always, a metronome and go for it! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X