Professional Kelly body Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional Kelly body Swap

I have a friend of mine who recently swapped out his mexican strat body for a non-Fender made strat body and he did it with pretty good results(basically kept the neck, pickups, and wiring and changed bodies). this lead me to start thinking about doing a similar swap job on my Kelly Professional. Any of you guys ever do something like this? I'd like a rhoads but can't afford a new one so this might be a neat project to undertake. I'm just a little concerned about the fit of a jackson neck or say a Warmoth body.

Anyone know of a retailer that makes guitar bodies that would easily fit jackson necks?

Mojo Bodies make bodies to order, and you can specify to what sort of neck it is for.

A warmoth body will not fit your neck without modification, but their RR knockoff doesn't look very good anyway.

Another thing you have to keep in mind, is that you can't mix'n'match scale lengths and neck lengths. I.e. if your Kelly neck is 25.5" scale and 24 frets, you must find a body that was designed to those specs as well, else you will have trouble getting it to intonate.

Comment

Working...
    X