Bridge is polling up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge is polling up?

I have an Arvarez (Acoustic) and the bridge is pulling up, what can I do to fix it?, It's a cheaper guitar but its my best player and I don't won't to give it up yet.

Thanks,

Last edited by Coyote; 11-23-2007, 10:07 AM.

Polling up? I know you mean PULLING up but damn, your spelling is brutal. Take the slack off the strings, squirt some glue in there and clamp it down for a day or 2. That should do it...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

That depends. Is the bridge separating from the soundboard? Or is the soundboard coming up? If the bridge is coming off, I would remove it completely and then reglue it. The glue is shot and it needs to be done again. I have done this with good results. But you need to very careful. Scribe around the bridge to break away the finish. Your could use a iron to loosen the glue. Use a very flexible thin knife and the bridge should pop right off. That is unless the bridge is screwed into the board. Then you have to have small hands. It's a cheap guitar and that is good.:ROTF: But when you fix it correctly, it will trully be Your cheap guitar.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Arverez. I never heard of that make?
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Little too much wine at dinner maybe?
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
            Little too much wine at dinner maybe?
            Nah, just par for the course with this guy...

Comment

Yeah, and he won't even come back and acknowledge the fact that someone answered his post. Just question after question of bad spelling and punctuation.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

He makes my head hurt.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I was gonna come in hear and ask what the hell "polling" is but you guys beat me to it. Give him a break.
                  I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
                    I was gonna come in hear and ask what the hell "polling" is but you guys beat me to it. Give him a break.
                    Come in "hear"? Oh, sweet irony! :ROTF:
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"Gonna" and "hear" wow now my head really hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
                        I'm more than willing to let some things slide. But come on. How much is too much? Remember he's home schooled. How some people think they are smarter than people who went to college to learn to teach is beyond me. This is proof that some are not...

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
                          I have an Arverez (Acoustic) and the bridge is polling up, what can I do to fix it?, It's a cheaper guitar but its my best player and I don't won't to give it up yet.

Thanks,

Another possibilty, the string holes in the bridge support block have
                          worn through, and the strings are pulling the bridge up. Not simple, but I have replaced it the with another support, and redrilled the holes.
                          The bridge would still have to removed, cleaned, and reglued. Use screws and nuts to hold the bridge as the glue dries. And remember to use a high quality wood glue, like Titebond 2. No superglue, or epoxies.

Comment

I missed the misspelling of "want" I'm sorry.

Comment

The strings haven't worn through any, it's just lifting up the back of the bridge a little.

Comment

Working...
                              X