Dings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dings.

Have a 88-89 American Standard Stratocaster that I bought new when I was a kid...it's flawless. Until last night, when I took it out of the case for the first time in months and saw a "push in" dent on the bottom of the lower horn- I can see white on one side of the chip..undercoat?- the paint is still there, but pushed into the ding. No idea how it got there, but there it was.

I know, I know, dings happen, but not for almost 20 years on this one, even as a kid. It's the baby, always will be, despite the dozen others I have. I own lots of guitars, but this is MY guitar. I imagine most of you know exactly what I mean.

ANYWAY, enough of my sob story... any ideas/suggestions you have would be much appreciated.

I searched the forum & saw some stuff about using krazy glue to keep the chip from spreading- That's what I'd like to do, at the very least. Does someone have a good step by step for doing this?

If it's possible to repair beyond that, any thoughs would be appreciated. I know with dings in wood rifle stocks, for example, that if the grain is depressed and not horribly broken, you can steam it out with a wet towel and an iron. Not sure how that would go on a finished guitar. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Vass
Working...
X