Wiring Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Help

I figured I would post here first instead of trying it on my own and failing miserably.

I just installed a second volume pot on my Warrior and was wondering if it is possible to make it so they are independent of each other. Basically I want one pot to control the bridge pickup and the other to control the neck pickup, instead of one acting as a master volume.

Is it two humbuckers, two vol , 1 tone and a 3-way switch? If yes, here's the link to the wiring diagram from seymour duncan's website. The intention of having two volume pots, is to have them control each pickup's vol independently.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...ic=2h_2v_1t_3w
    Sam

Comment

Thats the diagram I used. Ill have to go over my wiring again to see if I missed something...

Comment

but going back to the original intent, a pickup height can determine the pickup's volume. But when it comes to tone, you might need a knob. If you are gonna park the tone knob at one position, tilting the pickup more/less toward the treble/bass side can help too.
        Sam

Comment

If i recall to make the volumes independant for each pickup, you have to reverse the input and output on each of them so they don't short each other out. Ground still stays the same, but swap the 2 other wires on each pot.
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

ok so this is kind of odd...not too long after I made this thread, I doubled checked the wiring and everything is fine. But now each pot controls the pickup they are wired to...not one acting as a master like before

Comment

Working...
            X