Bulk Martin Strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk Martin Strings

I finally broke down and bought these. As soon as I get them I'll let you know how they are. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=014
    Last edited by fett; 11-20-2007, 02:53 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

same gauge i use..... let me know how they work out for you, i suspect a lot of restring is going to take place soon.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I've used Martin Phosphor bronze strings on all of my acoustics since I was a very young pup. Always loved the sound, only strayed twice (once, Gibsons, another more recent time, Gore)...and keep coming back.

Comment

I got hooked on 10-52's awhile back. At $2.25 a set it beats standing in line at a GC sale for a buck a pack.:ROTF:

Comment

I just loaded a set on the Epi LP-100. I am very pleased. They sound real bright. The strings came in a Priority Mail Flat Box. Just as the description says, they come in 6 bags. I used a flower box to rig this up. It works great.

Comment

$99.00 for 48 sets of strings? Steal, if you ask me...

Nice score. I need to do that sometime. Save the trash a bit. You don't have 48 cardboard containers or a bunch of paper sleeves for the strings...
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

It's great if you do the flower box trick.

Comment

Been waiting on this review, thanks fett.

I break a ton, so I need all the help I can get.

Comment

I've restrung a few other guitars and this system just works great. I strongly recommend these strings.

Comment

Thanks for pointing me in direction of those Fett!How would you rate the sound on 'em, other than that they're bright? How long do they last before rusting up or getting dirty?
                    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

The rust issue in the bags is my main concern. The strings that come out of the bags are as fresh as they can be. What I did with my system is cut a corner of each bag. They come in order. 6 bags. Then I use a baggie and a rubberband to cover the tops. Eyes up. All you have to do is pull a string straight out. Set the box down and repeat 6 times.:ROTF: I am so lazy, this system is a Godsend. And I know where supply of strings are. The strings feel very nice. I loaded a set on a Floyed guitar and only had to do a few stretches. They stay in tune. This is a great deal. Just buy them.
                      Last edited by fett; 12-13-2007, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X