floyd problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyd problem?

play any note and bend the JT-580's tremolo arm on my WRMG down (gentle "divebomb") and the sound stops very quickly. The arm's collar on the WRMG will often rattle even though I've tightened it as best I can. I've even tried different trem arms and they work loose too. There's no fret buzz. Has the JT-580 on the WRMG become damaged? Is it the posts?

Do this on my DK2S (sustainer not engaged) and the problem does not occur.
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 11-19-2007, 04:43 PM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

please explain better.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Could be. Or the knife edges. It's getting stuck somewhere and stopping the strings from vibrating. Try some graphite, as in pencil lead, to lube the function at the junction. But what do I know?
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

At the most, I'm hoping it's only the JT580 that's fucked, not the posts as OFR sets don't come with them.
        Last edited by wilkinsi; 11-19-2007, 04:57 PM.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

are the strings touching the polepieces of the pickups when the volume cuts off? with guitar vol up, touch a string to a pole piece and see if that cuts out the sound. If it does, its a bad pickup wiring.
          Sam

Comment

Sounds like the strings are touching something.Fret,pickup maybe.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Not touching pups. the action is really low but i don't get any buzzing.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
              X