need help with triplets.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with triplets.....

A curse has befallen me. For some strange reason, I am not able to consistently do triplets. I am not sure why this has happened. Normally they are pretty easy. My diagnosis is that I have gotten into the habit of using my entire arm instead of more of my wrist.. can anyone provide me with some tips on triplets?
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: need help with triplets.....

oh......this is for guitar help? I saw the title and thought.....well, nevermind. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

hmm I didnt even notice that. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Looks like its going to be one of those days....

Comment

Why don't you, like, practice them or something.

Comment

haha no no my friend. Sometimes things happen. We cannot explain why, but they just do. I am trying to figure out why I cant do them anymore, hence I asked for anyone's advice on technique or tips on how to do them.

Comment

When these curses befall me, as they do to all of us from time to time there's only one thing you can do...back to basics!

I've let my speed slip and that's what I'm doing to reclaim it, and it's working. (Thank god!)

For your problem I'd suggest a basic alternate picking exercise. You know, practice while your watching tv - it doesn't matter if your playing anything specific, just practice triplet picking slowly on every string, gradually increasing the speed until you've regained the skill.

While you're at it, relearn a favorite song that uses triplets alot. Something easy like "Fade to Black" by Metallica or whatever comes to mind for you.

That should take care of your curse, now I've got to get back to curing mine [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Good Luck,
            Joe

Comment

1 & a 2 & a 3 & a 4 & a...

Does that help any??

Comment

yeahh go with John's advice

make the 1st triplet note LOUD,and the remaining two less pronounced.

best way to get the (feeling)back into triplets is to play a simple 3 note per string scale across all six or seven stings..and make sure as you play on each new string to realy nail the 1st note of the triplet

or try Twinkies trilogy suite for loads of fast triplets [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Bring extra condoms and KY jelly. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Do ONLY downstrokes. Triplets will be 10000x easier if you do that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thoraby:

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I just can't figure you out bro [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

This one is so much fun I don't even want to say anything........I think I'll just watch [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        (see Dave, I still have the cool imoticons I've stolen from ya in the past!) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:

This one is so much fun I don't even want to say anything........I think I'll just watch [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          (see Dave, I still have the cool imoticons I've stolen from ya in the past!) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] No Mark, you paid for them, one way or another [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

figuring out the entire Iced Earth discography worked for me. those are great triplet exercises.

Comment

3 note-per-string scales would probably be the best "practice" routine you could do to get them under your fingers [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X