Neck single coil suggestions please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck single coil suggestions please?

Ive got a dk2fs body without pickups. I am going to go with a full shred at the bridge, maybe a cool rail in the middle, but i dont know what type of pickup im going to get for the neck. I want to get an articulate tone but not very bright. im looking for alot of midrange i guess. any suggestions???
    Now i show you mario...:ROTF:

Hot Rail neck (very hot, more middy), Cool Rail neck (not as middy, but a good sounding pickup), or SSL4 neck (almost like a P90). I think any of these will do the trick and match well with the other pickups.
    GM,
    www.aftershok.com

Comment

I think a hot rails in the neck would be great. I am considering that combo for my Model 375.
      Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

Lil

Lil Screamen Demon...

I have one in my XL Professional. Too middy for me...

Oh..the Full Shred F'en is great tho...

Comment

While we can all probably name tens of different brands and options for you, since you are already intending to use Cool Rails in the middle, Hot Rails should be good for the neck position

Comment

cool rails in the neck sounds cool
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you, looking for a strong neck pickup.
              Not a big fan of the single coil sound, and would like to find something that sounds close to a PAF pro or something similar.

I have an EMG 81 in the neck of one of my Jacksons and like it a lot.

It would be nice to find something that fits into a single cavity with the same power as the 81 or a good passive humbucker.

The hot rails you guys speak of, are you talking about the neck or the bridge version of it? They're quite different in the output department.

Comment

Working...
              X