new to the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the site

hey whats up yall...ive been around guitars all my life and picked them up and set them down becuase i can never find a good point to start with...what do yall recommend? i can play scales but no songs and i cant read music but i can read and play tabs as long as there slow...im really into metal but some of its too fast for me well most is too fast...i do have good picking skills allready so where should i start?

Re: new to the site

Welcome to the board. Well the first thing you should do is head down to your local music store and pick up a metronome. Pratice your scales or whatever your learning with the metronome. Start off slowy then graudully build up speed. Thats so you dont sound sloppy and stuff. I'd also recomend that you also buy a book called A modern method for guitar by William Leavitt. Its a very good book that will show you some scales and also show you how to read music. Ofcourse have fun with playing guitar. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ August 09, 2003, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Lambo Biker ]

Comment

Better yet, get a drum machine.........metronomes are good but can get boring. Plus they have different grooves.....when you get comfortable with the metal grooves try a samba or latin jazz it will force you to practice your scales in a manner that you are not accustomed to. I know I know, what's the use if all you are going to play is metal, but trust me........also try playing along the the metronome or drum machine in different tempos.

Email if you would like more [email protected]

Comment

thanks for the info ive been using the metrone for about a yr

Comment

Working...
        X