Logo'd pup -> non-logo'd pup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo'd pup -> non-logo'd pup

I have a logo'd full shred neck pickup that I would like to modify to visually match my non logo'd bridge JB pickup. Any thoughts on how to remove the Seymour Duncan logo?

Hmmm, I vaguely recall a thread involving Q tips and nail polish remover?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Meguires Plastic Polish is the safe way. For faster results, I use StewMac fine compound followed by, the Plastic Polish. You can't tell the logo was even there.

I wouldn't use nail polish remover. It has solvents that will melt/discolor the plastic bobbin.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

.... pickup covers? EMG style look but without the logos.... and you can hide any pickup you want under them.
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Try methyl hydrate (methanol). It will remove the paint (if it is painted)without harming the plastic.
          I recently used methyl hydrate to remove paint off my Ibanez Jem 777 Dimarzio pickups, with great success!
          You have to get some folded paper towel and get it saturated (not dripping though) with the methyl hydrate, and let it sit on top of the paint/pickup for a while. Make sure there is good contact. Can take quite some time, but the paint will wrinkle up, and then can be wiped away. Don't let any of it touch the body of the guitar though, as it may damage it. Cover everything with towels.
          Also, I wouldn't recommend dipping pickups into the methyl hydrate. It will dissolve the glue on the tape around the windings, and if the pickup is potted (dipped in wax), will possibly dissolve that too.
          Practice on something else first. Getting paint off knobs is easy. Just immerse them in a small glass of methyl hydrate overnight, and the paint falls off. Methyl hydrate is available at most hardware stores.

Comment

Working...
          X