Kahler Flyer hex wrench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler Flyer hex wrench

Anybody knows what size hex wrench should be used for adjusting the intonation and string height on a Kahler Flyer?
    Claus.

I'll double check later.
    Last edited by fett; 11-08-2007, 10:23 AM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

It's .050". Very, very small. That's for saddle height adjustment. Pretty sure the intonation adjustment is done by loosening the phillips screw & sliding the saddle. The .050" wrench is also used for string spacing adjustment on the Pro, but I don't know if the Flyer has string spacing adjustment.
      Last edited by dg; 11-08-2007, 10:34 AM.

Comment

I'm sorry. It's early. He's right. It's 0.050
        Last edited by fett; 11-08-2007, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Thanks. I probably have to special order it in my local shop as it is in inches. So it is good/crucial to know what the exact size is.
          Claus.

Comment

See, he's in Denmark. And I rest my location case.:ROTF: The only thing that saved my ass on a very cool Hondo I have is that I bought one of those multi-hex things in "Inches":ROTF: I was going nuts trying to adjust the Flyer. And, as a last resort I remembered that. It saved the day. BTW. Be real careful. Adjusting a Kahler Flyer is not easy and it is very easy to mess up the hex holes.

Comment

Originally posted by VilmerX View Post
              Thanks. I probably have to special order it in my local shop as it is in inches. So it is good/crucial to know what the exact size is.
              0.050" is equal to 1.27mm. Believe it or not, that happens to be a size made in metric allen wrenches. Here's a place in USA that sells a inches/metric set that happens to have a 1.27mm in it:
              http://www.5stardeal.com/expand.asp?...548&subcat=184

So check around and see if you can locate a 1.27mm from a shop near you in Denmark.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                See, he's in Denmark. And I rest my location case.:ROTF: The only thing that saved my ass on a very cool Hondo I have is that I bought one of those multi-hex things in "Inches":ROTF: I was going nuts trying to adjust the Flyer. And, as a last resort I remembered that. It saved the day. BTW. Be real careful. Adjusting a Kahler Flyer is not easy and it is very easy to mess up the hex holes.
                Frankly I don't get half of the jokes you make, but that's ok (I guess the correct word is SAE and not inches...). I will remember to be careful.
                Claus.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                  0.050" is equal to 1.27mm. Believe it or not, that happens to be a size made in metric allen wrenches.
                  Very good information, thank you.
                  Claus.

Comment

btw, its called a "umbraconøgle" in danish...
                    Claus.

Comment

Originally posted by VilmerX View Post
                      Frankly I don't get half of the jokes you make, but that's ok
                      Don't feel too bad. Nobody else does.:ROTF: And, I would have used SAE but we who hang on by inches think milimeters are bugs with lots of legs.:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                        we who hang on by inches think milimeters are bugs with lots of legs.:ROTF:
                        You mean they're not?
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

The one thing I have learned, having about a bazillion guitars, is that you can not have enough hex keys of various sizes. And the determination to know where the fuck they are.:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                          X